Robert Howes donated via Nicole Bienfang 2019-10-08 19:35:01 -0500 on October 08, 2019 at 07:35 PM (CDT)$1,449.00 raisedGOAL: $3,000.00
Why do we need your financial support? Services we offer like Your Action Plan are FREE for you, but not for us. Maintaining and improving our website not only costs a lot of time, but money as well. For example, there are hardware and software costs, telecommunication costs and more. This project is not backed by a company, so there is no fixed funding and every minute we spend on it is taken from our spare time. We rely on the goodwill and generosity of people like you to continue our work until our goal of a Global Egalitarian System is a reality. Your Contributions ensures that we remain fiercely independent and able to act in the best interest of humanity. It isn't free, or even cheap, to run The Transition, and the future is a long way away (depending on how active you and others like you are in getting involved and squashing your fears).
Your landlord probably won't barter for rent. We have cash expenses too.
The Transition runs on generosity, mutual respect, and collaborative efforts.
Can you help with a contribution of $5, $10, or $20?
A little goes a long way.
$5= a month of server time
$20=1 domain for a year
$50= Nationbuilder software for 1 month
$60= One Year of Leadership Training
Of course, you can donate any amount you regard appropriate. We hope you get an idea of some of the things we have to pay for in order to maintain this website and our organization, for you.
So to make sure we can keep this all up and running, we would really appreciate your support!
With your support, we will work to prevent homelessness, poverty and incite an energy revolution; to protect and preserve our planet; to keep genetically engineered ingredients out of your food by teaching you how to plant and grow your own. We plan to create a peaceful and nuclear-free future.
Did you know: You can help donate funds without spending anything extra? Yup, Amazon pays us a little commission of whatever you buy, whether it be a product recommended here or anything else, if you follow this Amazon link. This helps us pay for servers and other necessary expenses to keep us running. Help Us -- Buy at Amazon. Bookmark our Amazon reference link to drop us a little commission every time you buy from them.
Our site exists so that creative solution oriented people (like yourself) can help each other produce results for their grassroots efforts that make global impact . More work gets done in networks of shared respect and shared resources than in competitive isolation. By honoring agreements and working hard, Contributors of The Transition Inter-Community Network will build lasting ties in a community of enormous potential.
With your help we can create a brighter tomorrow we can all be proud of!
@RobertHowes tweeted link to Site Expectations. 2019-08-22 03:09:37 -0500 on August 22, 2019 at 03:09 AM (CDT)I am working on a new business/community model that others can use to achieve their goals even if they have no money. There is help available in some countries. I am in Wales and business startup grants are available here. Ask in your neighborhood. https://www.thetransition.org/site_expectations?recruiter_id=480
Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
Robert Howes commented on I expect to be heard when I put forward ideas that others might benefit from. 2020-03-27 02:07:52 -0500 on March 27, 2020 at 02:07 AM (CDT)I see that no-one has commented, so I will add a comment myself. It has been a few months, over half a year in fact since I stopped working on my action plan. I am making progress and if it works out the way I am planning it could help others. It could help others who are not members but who live locally as well as members who do not live locally. Covid-19 might or might not interfere with the process, we will see. I am trying to get planning permission for one or more buildings on my industrial brown-field site at Briton Ferry Neath Port Talbot that I bought years ago but have not developed yet. I feel that this site is massively important as a testing ground for some of my community ideas. If it works out as planned I will be able to offer it as a tested idea to all other members and I hope to be able to offer more than just the ideas. I hope to be able to finance the projects of other members. There are just a couple of hurdles to jump first.
Robert Howes commented on a place to welcome and force the writing of my vision for change 2019-08-22 02:57:48 -0500 on August 22, 2019 at 02:57 AM (CDT)I agree with that.
Robert Howes commented on Contact Us 2019-09-16 16:27:34 -0500 on September 16, 2019 at 04:27 PM (CDT)Hi, Nicole,
Meir says he can’t see my application to join his BUD for Peace. He said to contact you about it.
If none of the below items apply to you just fill out the information in the fields below.
- Have questions about our website, organization or other things related to The Transition? Check out our FAQ section of our website.
- Want to give us a Progress Report on one of the Events you've put on? Give us the details in our Report Portal.
- Would you like to ask us for funding for your project? Please fill out this form with your request!
- Would you like your Intentional Community listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Would you like your Co-op listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Do you have a complaint about one of The Transition's communities, businesses, or co-ops? Please provide thorough information in the box below.
- Are you a Contributor of The Transition and would like your business to be listed in the Contributor Businesses section of our store? Please fill out this form with all of your info.
- Would you like to submit information for ImagiNATION CO-OPeration? Gives us all the juicy details down below!
- Would you like to submit a music video for our Jukebox? Please be sure to provide the link to the video as well as a link to the lyrics for the song when submitting in the box below.
- Would you like to host a movie screening in your local area? Please submit it on our Events page.
- Do you love to research advancements and new technology? Send us the links of your discoveries so we can share them with others.
- Got an internet meme you can't resist sharing? Send us the link and we might add it to our favorite internet memes portal!
- Want to learn more about The Transition before you get involved? Browse our Transition FAQ for more info!
- Do you have a business that would appeal to our members, that has 500 employees or more? Go here to find out how you can be a featured business.
For the following categories:
- Did you find some typos, broken links or videos that don't work?
- Do you have a project idea you think we should work on?
- Did you find an awesome tool that you want to share that would help make collaboration even easier?
- Do you think our Standards are missing something?
Please submit to our Suggestion Box.Submit
Robert Howes published A good business plan is needed. in Suggestion Box 2018-04-05 13:38:02 -0500 on April 05, 2018 at 01:38 PM (CDT)
The only hope for developing a new civilization is to accept responsibility for improving our lives through knowledge, understanding, and a deeper comprehension of humanity’s relationship to natural processes of evolution. And a good business plan.Official response from Nicole Bienfang incomplete
It is unclear to our team what your desired outcome is of leaving this submission in our Suggestion Box. We agree with your comment made and as an org we work to bring that concept to conception, but we are unsure with what it is you desire our team to do exactly regarding it. Could you clarify that for us please?
Robert Howes commented on Change of Mission 2018-04-05 02:31:57 -0500 on April 05, 2018 at 02:31 AM (CDT)I am hoping to be involved in setting up these facilities. In the 90s I ran a free shop in a town called Maesteg in Wales and it was popular but ultimately I had to give it up because no-one got it. No-one joined me as I had hoped. I realised it was a step too far for most folks. What I think we need to do is to integrate such facilities (including free food cafes) with businesses that create livelihoods here and now. So that is the direction I will go in next. Probably in France and Spain and Portugal.
Robert Howes published Contributors will work without pay in these businesses in Suggestion Box 2018-04-05 02:11:41 -0500 on April 05, 2018 at 02:11 AM (CDT)
I don't agree with this as it will deter most people, (especially those already in business) from joining us.Official response from Nicole Bienfang incomplete
Although you did not provide context for this submission our team believes you are referring to content written on a particular page of the website. When leaving information in our Suggestion Box it is very important you are as detailed as possible and make clear what your desired outcome is. The material you are referencing to is referring to steps that take place in later Phases (Phases you are personally not yet on) when a BUD has created a community and that community and its members are financially supported by cooperatively owned businesses that the community owns (and thus each member is by default a part owner of). At The Transition we believe that working together can lift all of us out of the oppressive systems we are currently facing.
Robert Howes commented on Creative financing for new farmers .... 2017-06-21 02:18:48 -0500 on June 21, 2017 at 02:18 AM (CDT)Should nancial be financial?
Robert Howes commented on 2012: Time For Change 2017-04-28 02:06:19 -0500 on April 28, 2017 at 02:06 AM (CDT)Trash. Bad sound and a load of old crap.
Robert Howes endorsed 2017-04-27 05:00:21 -0500 on April 27, 2017 at 05:00 AM (CDT)We need an exponential expansion of RBE minded communities. The Transition will be instrumental in this worldwide development. However, money will have to be more instrumental in the transition than most transitioners realise. I will explain. If a bunch of poor people have a dream of owning land and growing their own food, years will pass and nothing much will happen. If on the other hand, a group uses money to buy some land and they run a bunch of businesses besides, they will be able to expand exponentially. If you think I am wrong then contact me to discuss it. Friend me in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robert.howes.733
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
~ Dr. SeussEndorse
Robert Howes posted about Report Portal on Facebook 2017-04-09 07:38:28 -0500 on April 09, 2017 at 07:38 AM (CDT)If you want a better world you have to contribute to it in one way or another. So join us.
TELL US HOW YOU'VE BEEN HELPING
Thanks for helping make a difference in your community.
How did you help out The Transition, on a grassroots level, in your community?
Be sure to include how many hours of your time you contributed as well!
- Volunteered at a local event
- Helped friends and family get involved
- Shared your story
- Wrote a letter to a local paper
- Shared a story on Twitter or Facebook
- Helping the Transition Team to work on the website
- Something else?
Take a few minutes to tell us which activities you took part in, and let us know how it went.Submit Progress
Robert Howes donated via Nicole Bienfang 2021-07-09 07:12:22 -0500 on July 09, 2021 at 07:12 AM (CDT)
You know that for a moneyless world tomorrow we have to chip in today to make it happen. Your small contribution helps maintain the site as well as fund co-op projects and expansion all over the world. Your $5.00 Contributorship dues are vital to sustaining The Transition and expanding its activities in The Transition Inter- Community Network. With a click of the button your Contributorship instantly goes to:
- Technology: Servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development & other operating expenses.
- Subsidize free events:special programming ranging from movie screenings to potlucks.
- People and Projects: The top websites on the internet have thousands of employees. We have a small team to support a wide variety of projects, making your Contributorship and additional donations a great investment in a highly-efficient organization.
We can only accomplish our goals because of Contributors like YOU!
Robert Howes commented on The Most Astounding Fact 2016-09-23 02:35:41 -0500 on September 23, 2016 at 02:35 AM (CDT)Good video. Seen others like this already. Always watching such amazing stuff.
Robert Howes endorsed 2016-09-18 04:25:46 -0500 on September 18, 2016 at 04:25 AM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Robert Howes - [email protected]
The world is in a mess and will get worse if the people do not change.