As you might know, I am not doing my action plan for the moment in order to get on with building my business. I suggest others do the same and come back to their action plans as and when they can, with more experience of the real world and more money. Especially if it means they can contribute more and offer paying jobs for other members. Or employ others locally and get them doing their action plans.
If none of the below items apply to you just fill out the information in the fields below.
- Have questions about our website, organization or other things related to The Transition? Check out our FAQ section of our website.
- Want to give us a Progress Report on one of the Events you've put on? Give us the details in our Report Portal.
- Would you like to ask us for funding for your project? Please fill out this form with your request!
- Would you like your Intentional Community listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Would you like your Co-op listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Do you have a complaint about one of The Transition's communities, businesses, or co-ops? Please provide thorough information in the box below.
- Are you a Contributor of The Transition and would like your business to be listed in the Contributor Businesses section of our store? Please fill out this form with all of your info.
- Would you like to submit information for ImagiNATION CO-OPeration? Gives us all the juicy details down below!
- Would you like to submit a music video for our Jukebox? Please be sure to provide the link to the video as well as a link to the lyrics for the song when submitting in the box below.
- Would you like to host a movie screening in your local area? Please submit it on our Events page.
- Do you love to research advancements and new technology? Send us the links of your discoveries so we can share them with others.
- Got an internet meme you can't resist sharing? Send us the link and we might add it to our favorite internet memes portal!
- Want to learn more about The Transition before you get involved? Browse our Transition FAQ for more info!
- Do you have a business that would appeal to our members, that has 500 employees or more? Go here to find out how you can be a featured business.
For the following categories:
- Did you find some typos, broken links or videos that don't work?
- Do you have a project idea you think we should work on?
- Did you find an awesome tool that you want to share that would help make collaboration even easier?
- Do you think our Standards are missing something?
Please submit to our Suggestion Box.Submit
Robert Howes published A good business plan is needed. in Suggestion Box 2018-04-05 13:38:02 -0500 on April 05, 2018 at 01:38 PM (CDT)
The only hope for developing a new civilization is to accept responsibility for improving our lives through knowledge, understanding, and a deeper comprehension of humanity’s relationship to natural processes of evolution. And a good business plan.Official response from Nicole Bienfang incomplete
It is unclear to our team what your desired outcome is of leaving this submission in our Suggestion Box. We agree with your comment made and as an org we work to bring that concept to conception, but we are unsure with what it is you desire our team to do exactly regarding it. Could you clarify that for us please?
Robert Howes commented on Change of Mission 2018-04-05 02:31:57 -0500 on April 05, 2018 at 02:31 AM (CDT)I am hoping to be involved in setting up these facilities. In the 90s I ran a free shop in a town called Maesteg in Wales and it was popular but ultimately I had to give it up because no-one got it. No-one joined me as I had hoped. I realised it was a step too far for most folks. What I think we need to do is to integrate such facilities (including free food cafes) with businesses that create livelihoods here and now. So that is the direction I will go in next. Probably in France and Spain and Portugal.
Robert Howes published Contributors will work without pay in these businesses in Suggestion Box 2018-04-05 02:11:41 -0500 on April 05, 2018 at 02:11 AM (CDT)
I don't agree with this as it will deter most people, (especially those already in business) from joining us.Official response from Nicole Bienfang incomplete
Although you did not provide context for this submission our team believes you are referring to content written on a particular page of the website. When leaving information in our Suggestion Box it is very important you are as detailed as possible and make clear what your desired outcome is. The material you are referencing to is referring to steps that take place in later Phases (Phases you are personally not yet on) when a BUD has created a community and that community and its members are financially supported by cooperatively owned businesses that the community owns (and thus each member is by default a part owner of). At The Transition we believe that working together can lift all of us out of the oppressive systems we are currently facing.
Robert Howes commented on Creative financing for new farmers .... 2017-06-21 02:18:48 -0500 on June 21, 2017 at 02:18 AM (CDT)Should nancial be financial?
Robert Howes commented on 2012: Time For Change 2017-04-28 02:06:19 -0500 on April 28, 2017 at 02:06 AM (CDT)Trash. Bad sound and a load of old crap.
Robert Howes endorsed 2017-04-27 05:00:21 -0500 on April 27, 2017 at 05:00 AM (CDT)We need an exponential expansion of RBE minded communities. The Transition will be instrumental in this worldwide development. However, money will have to be more instrumental in the transition than most transitioners realise. I will explain. If a bunch of poor people have a dream of owning land and growing their own food, years will pass and nothing much will happen. If on the other hand, a group uses money to buy some land and they run a bunch of businesses besides, they will be able to expand exponentially. If you think I am wrong then contact me to discuss it. Friend me in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robert.howes.733
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
~ Dr. SeussEndorse
Robert Howes posted about Report Portal on Facebook 2017-04-09 07:38:28 -0500 on April 09, 2017 at 07:38 AM (CDT)If you want a better world you have to contribute to it in one way or another. So join us.
TELL US HOW YOU'VE BEEN HELPING
Thanks for helping make a difference in your community.
How did you help out The Transition, on a grassroots level, in your community?
Be sure to include how many hours of your time you contributed as well!
- Volunteered at a local event
- Helped friends and family get involved
- Shared your story
- Wrote a letter to a local paper
- Shared a story on Twitter or Facebook
- Helping the Transition Team to work on the website
- Something else?
Take a few minutes to tell us which activities you took part in, and let us know how it went.Submit Progress
Robert Howes donated via Nicole Bienfang 2019-03-04 07:20:47 -0600 on March 04, 2019 at 07:20 AM (CST)
You know that for a moneyless world tomorrow we have to chip in today to make it happen. Your small contribution helps maintain the site as well as fund co-op projects and expansion all over the world. Your $5.00 Contributorship dues are vital to sustaining The Transition and expanding its activities in The Transition Inter- Community Network. With a click of the button your Contributorship instantly goes to:
- Technology: Servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development & other operating expenses.
- Subsidize free events:special programming ranging from movie screenings to potlucks.
- People and Projects: The top websites on the internet have thousands of employees. We have a small team to support a wide variety of projects, making your Contributorship and additional donations a great investment in a highly-efficient organization.
We can only accomplish our goals because of Contributors like YOU!
Robert Howes commented on The Most Astounding Fact 2016-09-23 02:35:41 -0500 on September 23, 2016 at 02:35 AM (CDT)Good video. Seen others like this already. Always watching such amazing stuff.
Robert Howes endorsed 2016-09-18 04:25:46 -0500 on September 18, 2016 at 04:25 AM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Robert Howes - firstname.lastname@example.org
The world is in a mess and will get worse if the people do not change.