Hank Burroughs tagged Mike Castro's a place to welcome and force the writing of my vision for change with inspiring 2019-08-22 23:54:52 -0500 on August 22, 2019 at 11:54 PM (CDT)
1. getting involved with your org. forces me to fully explain to somebody “in the field”, as it were (the field of “Planet Healing”?, i heard it refered that way once) my complex vision of possible change... that is my primary goal met, right there... let’s do this, bring it, lol... 2. Daily, is my honest guestimate at this point. 3. i expect to do all the work, i guess 4. i HOPE to work with what you do and represent at least until we heal this damn planet! (after maybe we can just stay friends? lol) 5. at this point i’m not looking for funding. 6. in my world those do not distinguish so readily, but i expect your site might welcome whatever stays relevant to the current focus. 7. absolutely, love to share and to learn and explore 8. for sure i’ll help, maties... yarrr 9. it seems to want to go there, perhaps... i expect this whole year to be life altering in the sense that i intend to do my best to activate or release my vision... and if your group can help me get started and perhaps even gather a bit of traction... shazam, life altered. Do i expect this? hmmm. . . . YES ! yes i do :) 10. i think maybe a week might be reasonable, less would be better obviously... 3 days might be optimal, if 1 day creates too much stress... and “variable within a week depending on work load” would also be just fine... if it’s reliable, i would have patience for whatever. 11. what? i should go back and read? i trust myself the first time... i’m reasonable, i did my best...yes they’re reasonable (but please let me know otherwise)
Hank Burroughs posted about How Resilient Are You? on Facebook 2016-08-19 00:07:38 -0500 on August 19, 2016 at 12:07 AM (CDT)Take the survey: How Resilient Are You?
Hank Burroughs endorsed 2016-02-09 23:06:35 -0600 on February 09, 2016 at 11:06 PM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Hank Burroughs commented on Traditional Schooling VS. Unschooling 2016-01-30 22:07:39 -0600 on January 30, 2016 at 10:07 PM (CST)Unschooling was my favorite way to teach. Hard to do in a regular school setting but I managed to have at least one class period for that type of instruction specifically. Used as much in the other classes as possible. When assigned to a charter school did much of the instruction using project type work. My last 2 years were in an alternative school setting for students kicked out of regular classroom instruction. That was all individual or small group instruction based on projects the students wanted to do. Seems neat things kept popping up in my classroom that caught student interest!
Hank Burroughs donated 2020-12-25 08:29:15 -0600 on December 25, 2020 at 08:29 AM (CST)
You know that for a moneyless world tomorrow we have to chip in today to make it happen. Your small contribution helps maintain the site as well as fund co-op projects and expansion all over the world. Your $5.00 Contributorship dues are vital to sustaining The Transition and expanding its activities in The Transition Inter- Community Network. With a click of the button your Contributorship instantly goes to:
- Technology: Servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development & other operating expenses.
- Subsidize free events:special programming ranging from movie screenings to potlucks.
- People and Projects: The top websites on the internet have thousands of employees. We have a small team to support a wide variety of projects, making your Contributorship and additional donations a great investment in a highly-efficient organization.
We can only accomplish our goals because of Contributors like YOU!
Hank Burroughs - email@example.com
Living on a finite planet means we need to develop lifestyles that give all people a fair share. There may not be too much we can do about countries where the leaders have absolute power but in much of the western world we certainly could set a better example. Two movements that seem to hold a lot of potential in getting to a sustainable and self-sufficient world are Permaculture and the Maker Movement in my opinion. The first gives a way for adequate food, and shelter, and the second provides tools as the means of production without depending on big industrial corporations. Still much to be learned and developed in both areas before large populations will be able to join in the new lifestyle.