Keegan Quinn commented on Suggestion: fix broken links 2018-02-05 15:50:52 -0600 on February 05, 2018 at 03:50 PM (CST)I have tried to access several links on the sidebar and they log me out each time.
Keegan Quinn commented on Set Your Intention- Step 1 2018-01-09 12:46:41 -0600 on January 09, 2018 at 12:46 PM (CST)All of the above. I have multiple goals to accomplish, and most of them play off of each other. There is this Sportsmobile we have our eyes on that we want because it will make the #vanlife for us more comfortable, and in doing so, that will allow us a proper vehicle to serve as a base of operations for our mobile volunteer work. And by doing the volunteer work, we will be able to connect with more people to educate about how The Transition can benefit them. And it goes on from there.
Keegan Quinn endorsed 2018-01-07 19:41:02 -0600 on January 07, 2018 at 07:41 PM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Keegan Quinn commented on Starting a Movement 2018-01-02 23:01:40 -0600 on January 02, 2018 at 11:01 PM (CST)This one got me right in the feels.
Keegan Quinn commented on The Most Astounding Fact 2018-01-02 22:57:13 -0600 on January 02, 2018 at 10:57 PM (CST)Beautiful video.
Keegan Quinn commented on You the People Have the Power 2018-01-02 22:52:20 -0600 on January 02, 2018 at 10:52 PM (CST)He nailed it. And that brought tears of joy to my eyes because he said this almost a hundred years ago, and it still holds true today.
You've heard of The Umbrella Corporation, well this is the umbrella organization. - [email protected]
I support The Transition because I want a better world for all sentient beings on this planet.