Jubilee Briscoe published Here are my answers to all 11 questions in Site Expectations 2018-11-19 17:39:43 -0600 on November 19, 2018 at 05:39 PM (CST)
1) Finding community to cocreate with. Finding awesome people is the problem I expect to solve 2) Almost daily 3) For “my” project I am hoping to find many people to do the work as I have limited spoons. I do not expect ANYONE to do something they do not want to and feel called to do 4) I am here for the long haul to work on my project and help others with theirs, once we have saved all of humanity I will take a break 5) I do not expect funding, I have my own (similar) funding model 6) It is all connected, I bring my whole self to everything I do and accept others as they are. 7) Yes that is what community is 8) Absolutely...already tweeted it and shared it on FB 9) Already has been, introduced to nonviolent communication and non zero days 10) A few days would be my expectation but communication to a timeline would help me if it is longer than a week (ie: it takes us a few weeks to get back to people) 11) I am a very reasonable person, even when it comes to me “unreasonable project”. I do not require my expectations to be met. I am here for what is offered as it changes and evolves.
Jubilee Briscoe commented on Set Your Intention- Step 1 2018-11-17 22:38:45 -0600 on November 17, 2018 at 10:38 PM (CST)I am here to find support and offer support as we co create a new system/world. I have ideas and I love hearing other peoples ideas. I am here to grow as a human and become who I am meant to be on this planet.
Jubilee Briscoe published So happy to have found this site, I expect amazing things in Site Expectations 2018-11-16 21:45:55 -0600 on November 16, 2018 at 09:45 PM (CST)
I have learnt from many of lifes challenges that it is easier to go with the flow and not have too many expectations. I can not wait to meet other people to co create with and support peoples projects and see if there are people interested in my projects.
Jubilee Briscoe endorsed 2018-11-16 21:19:47 -0600 on November 16, 2018 at 09:19 PM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Using my spoons to do what I can from where I am - [email protected]
We need to change the world. Governments cant do it, corporations wont do it the only way to figure out the worlds complex issues is by doing it together, democratically and transparently.
I am starting a tec (platform) cooperative that will design the tools we need to collaborate on a massive scale, take back our inherent power, understand and solve our issues from the personal (what to buy, who to be in community with) to the global (poverty, climate change, war). Global tools that help us act locally