Torey Fickes endorsed 2018-08-10 13:49:38 -0500 on August 10, 2018 at 01:49 PM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Torey Fickes commented on Cumbersome site issues detract from being productive 2018-04-11 11:26:44 -0500 on April 11, 2018 at 11:26 AM (CDT)Oh, right, this bit too: Due to the lack of formatting tools in posts, the only option is to format with whitespace. The site automatically wipes out all whitespace formatting upon posting, leaving the above jumbled mess instead of the nicely formatted list I took time to make with spaces, carriage returns, etc. These kinds of conveniences are a norm & IMO not an excusable lack of functionality for a modern site platform.
Torey Fickes posted about Expectations on Facebook 2018-02-01 16:52:47 -0600 on February 01, 2018 at 04:52 PM (CST)My expectations of The Transition & My Action Plan.
1. Not sure; mostly been along to contribute & see where this all goes. But I do have a passion for sustainability & other mechanisms of economy/commerce, and ideas around those. Maybe one day they’ll be high enough on the priority list to put into effect & look for help here. Or I’ll find someone equally excited & we’ll collaborate it out! 2. Weekly 3. I expect to, to hire out, or to find partners in collaboration (possibly including the TT Team). 4. A long time. 5. Donations at first, hopefully quickly to larger ones from some passionate more-abundant members. Then eventually a self-sustainable method thru creating your own valuable assets & income sharing with the groups you help here. 6. I had only ever really figured professional…but I could imagine both! 7. Yes! 8. Yes! 9. Yes! It already has been with NVC. 10. On the level of days, depending on the feedback’s volume, until the user base becomes much bigger (and hopefully the team stops being obligate volunteers). 11. Yes.
Torey Fickes tagged Jared Sallee's I wrote a long drawn out boring statement on expectations...then I erased it.. with inspiring 2018-02-01 16:48:05 -0600 on February 01, 2018 at 04:48 PM (CST)
You guys are beyond words...Keep up the effort and amazing things will continue taking place.
Torey Fickes endorsed via Torey Fickes 2017-01-12 14:10:55 -0600 on January 12, 2017 at 02:10 PM (CST)I disappointed myself after joining The Transition. I came on as a Beta tester and subsequently mostly forgot about it. I was genuinely excited about the value I could see in The Transition and the promise its leaders showed in making it something great, but I knew that the actions of participants are really what will make a difference. I just “didn’t have time” to participate.
Half a year later, I learned about taking massive action to get the results I want. So my first experiment was to take massive action with my contributions. Why? Because despite chronic scarcity thinking I knew I had the means, and because in my mind if I couldn’t contribute my time, I could at least contribute something of value someone else could use. So I calculated out how long I “should” have been contributing in my own mental model of the world, plus some extra, quadrupled it, and wrote a check.
I don’t know how The Transition can help me. I don’t care if it turns out they can’t. I know their vision and I know with my contribution they will help someone else make a difference. But to my surprise, taking massive action jump started my participation in The Transition. After almost year of inactivity because it felt “too complex”, I finally started exploring on the site. I became aware of the abundance of knowledge available that will help my journey, and even accidentally did the first two steps of my Action plan! So now I’m on a roll, giving myself at least 10 minutes every day to continue my Action Plan. It has been enlightening. In the end, my actions were complementary: the monetary contribution was given for the benefit of others; my time on the site is a contribution to myself.
10/10 would donate again ;)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
~ Dr. SeussEndorse
I don't know what I'm doing...but that's OK, it'll work out. - email@example.com
Torey Fickes 216BB
Lazy video gamer turned naturalist. I am simultaneously in awe of humankind's technological advances, and terrified of the devastating uses we'll find for them.