michael knight published Video unavailable at https://www.thetransition.org/set_your_intention_step_1 in Suggestion Box 2018-11-12 10:11:35 -0600 on November 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM (CST)
michael knight endorsed 2018-11-12 10:06:37 -0600 on November 12, 2018 at 10:06 AM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
michael knight published Video no longer exists in Suggestion Box 2018-11-12 09:11:36 -0600 on November 12, 2018 at 09:11 AM (CST)
On How does this impact me page, under I know about non-violent communication or I watched this video, the video no longer exists
michael knight published On Our Plan page, link to phase 1 building community not working in Suggestion Box 2018-11-10 12:21:54 -0600 on November 10, 2018 at 12:21 PM (CST)
The page you were looking for was not found.
michael knight published i work without expectations, i can only control myself and my actions in Site Expectations 2018-11-08 11:13:11 -0600 on November 08, 2018 at 11:13 AM (CST)
My focus is changing the current MINDSET, which i think is the most important aspect of the transition. Until a persons MINDSET changes, they will not help to make the transition. i do this through social media, mostly FB, and in person when talking with others.
michael knight commented on Imagine - John Lennon 2015-10-20 14:19:39 -0500 on October 20, 2015 at 02:19 PM (CDT)The John Lennon Imagine video is a great thing to share along with a message like:
Today we no longer have to just IMAGINE a world like John Lennon sings about here, some of us have started to develop that kind of world.