Thomas Townsend published In anger how do you calm yourself down? in Suggestion Box 2018-08-20 23:17:15 -0500 on August 20, 2018 at 11:17 PM (CDT)
I own it. If it is a charge, i look for what angers me about the other that i see in myself . If it about injustice, broken agreements or boundary violations, i use my anger to step into clear assertive energy to address the situation. Anger is an E motion... a gateway to clean clear assertive behavior or in shadow "the Savage".Official response from Nicole Bienfang planned
Thomas Townsend published The People's Transition party in Progress Reports 2018-06-07 01:03:59 -0500 on June 07, 2018 at 01:03 AM (CDT)
I have been a political cheerleader since high school. For the student council election students were divided into two parties. cheerleaders were chosen and each party got half the school band. I was head cheerleader and our purpose was to entertain students so they would listen to the candidates speeches.
In the early 80’s I made a joke getting ready to go to a rock show. I said I was going to start a Political Party… the Rock’n’Roll Party! Being a man of my word, I started the Rock’n’Roll Party. Complete with ‘Rules and Reggae’.
Campaigning was partying hard. It turns out nobody can have that much fun and survive.
So the next twenty five years consisted of 12 step recovery with personal therapy, followed by many years in a men’s group, with personal therapy. I worked and paid my bills while creating a shop where we recycled construction cut off and prefabbed specialty parts for new houses. I called it TC’s world of plenty.
In 2011 I was disabled and have been on resisted activity ever since. Still when Bernie Sanders ran for President I got on board.
When Bernie was pushed out I still felt the bern. I felt like I was wasting my time posting on Facebook. What could I do to effect what is happening politically? I started thinking about reviving the Rock’n’Roll Party again, when I met a young man that wanted to start a political party, but didn’t know how. I told him about the Rock’n’Roll Party. We collaborated on a new name, New Progressive’s Party of America. Our purpose was to join all progressives together; left and right, both major parties, anybody with an open mind. It has been 6 months and we had 140 likes. I was posting on Facebook and feeling kinda useless…
Thomas Townsend commented on Contact Us 2018-06-04 16:16:23 -0500 on June 04, 2018 at 04:16 PM (CDT)I made a video like you ask me. https://youtu.be/gcDM2vasb0c
If none of the below items apply to you just fill out the information in the fields below.
- Have questions about our website, organization or other things related to The Transition? Check out our FAQ section of our website.
- Want to give us a Progress Report on one of the Events you've put on? Give us the details in our Report Portal.
- Would you like to ask us for funding for your project? Please fill out this form with your request!
- Would you like your Intentional Community listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Would you like your Co-op listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Do you have a complaint about one of The Transition's communities, businesses, or co-ops? Please provide thorough information in the box below.
- Are you a Contributor of The Transition and would like your business to be listed in the Contributor Businesses section of our store? Please fill out this form with all of your info.
- Would you like to submit information for ImagiNATION CO-OPeration? Gives us all the juicy details down below!
- Would you like to submit a music video for our Jukebox? Please be sure to provide the link to the video as well as a link to the lyrics for the song when submitting in the box below.
- Would you like to host a movie screening in your local area? Please submit it on our Events page.
- Do you love to research advancements and new technology? Send us the links of your discoveries so we can share them with others.
- Got an internet meme you can't resist sharing? Send us the link and we might add it to our favorite internet memes portal!
- Want to learn more about The Transition before you get involved? Browse our Transition FAQ for more info!
- Do you have a business that would appeal to our members, that has 500 employees or more? Go here to find out how you can be a featured business.
For the following categories:
- Did you find some typos, broken links or videos that don't work?
- Do you have a project idea you think we should work on?
- Did you find an awesome tool that you want to share that would help make collaboration even easier?
- Do you think our Standards are missing something?
Please submit to our Suggestion Box.Submit
Thomas Townsend endorsed 2018-06-03 19:09:12 -0500 on June 03, 2018 at 07:09 PM (CDT)My life has turned around since i have been working an Action Plan. I have been wanting to make a difference in the world. Posting on FB sure doesn’t seem to work. I started an alternative political party on FB. There are 140 page likes and few comments. But the action plan!!! It gives me direction, purpose and helps me to learn, create and pass on support for the Cultural and political Transformation into the New Paradigm. The site is filled with information. The staff has done an out standing job… 900 pages and thousands of links. It takes a while but now that i am learning my way around it is kinda fun.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
~ Dr. SeussEndorse
Thomas Townsend commented on Set Your Intention- Step 1 2018-05-31 14:42:53 -0500 on May 31, 2018 at 02:42 PM (CDT)I’m here to Learn, Create and Pass on ways to support the Cultural and political Transformation into the New Paradigm.
Thomas Townsend donated 2018-09-25 05:25:48 -0500 on September 25, 2018 at 05:25 AM (CDT)
You know that for a moneyless world tomorrow we have to chip in today to make it happen. Your small contribution helps maintain the site as well as fund co-op projects and expansion all over the world. Your $5.00 Contributorship dues are vital to sustaining The Transition and expanding its activities in The Transition Inter- Community Network. With a click of the button your Contributorship instantly goes to:
- Technology: Servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development & other operating expenses.
- Subsidize free events:special programming ranging from movie screenings to potlucks.
- People and Projects: The top websites on the internet have thousands of employees. We have a small team to support a wide variety of projects, making your Contributorship and additional donations a great investment in a highly-efficient organization.
We can only accomplish our goals because of Contributors like YOU!
Thomas Townsend posted about Site Expectations on Facebook 2018-05-24 07:18:01 -0500 on May 24, 2018 at 07:18 AM (CDT)Post your suggestions for The Transition
Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
Thomas Townsend published To help build the platform for the 3rd industrial age..."the Internet of Things". in Site Expectations 2018-05-24 07:09:26 -0500 on May 24, 2018 at 07:09 AM (CDT)
1. Support and encouragement to live my mission: "To co-create a world of permission and enjoyment by trusting the process and surrendering the outcome." 2. Daily 3. No expectation 4. I'm checking it out and plan to be engaged. 5. no funding necessary 6. both 7. yes 8. yes 9. yes 10. a few days 11. no expectation
I co-create a world of enjoyment and permission, by trusting the process and surrendering the outcome. - firstname.lastname@example.org
i support the Transition as a pathway to a world of shared abundance.
I am happiest when I'm: engaged in one of my passions.
People see me as: Kind and tenacious.
I want to help because: i feel joy and fulfillment.
My philosophy on life is: Embrace the "I Don't Know".
my intentional community would be virtual and worldwide. To use group power to cheer and support the Warriors of change.
I am content in my living situation. I will not be relocating to an intentional community.
i am more inline with Jeremy Rifkin and building the platform for the 3rd industrial age. To cheer and support the political and social changes necessary to have a sustainable shared abundance.