First, to understand Ephemeralization projects one must understand what Ephemeralization means. Ephemeralization is a term coined by R. Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller. It is the ability of technological advancement to do "more and more with less and less until eventually you can do everything with nothing".
It is The Transition's desire to allocate resources to projects that can do the most good with as little resources as possible. To do so we ask that our Contributors propose an Ephemeralization Project in order for all of our Contributors to review and give feedback on the feasibility or the improvements that need to be made to the plan before resources are given. Once approval of the concept is given and all concerns are addressed it will then:
- Be shared in The Transition's e-mail newsletters as a means to collect tangible items the project needs
- Posted in the Classifieds if it needs tangible goods or skill sets
- Be forwarded to TIN persons to see if they will commit to the project
- Be added to The Cooking Pot if it needs financing
- If it succeeds in raising half of its financial goal in The Cooking Pot it will be given a matching financial gift from The Transition
- Be showcased on Transition Tuesdays and or our blog that features updates within The Transition Inter-Community Network, so our Contributors can see the progress all of us are making all over the world
Was this helpful?
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved