Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As Jacque Fresco well stated expectations it's an undisireble thing to have and I really believe it.
I have joined the group in the hope that the site will spur me to action when everyday life gets in the way of what I want to work towards for myself and my planet. I am confident the help I receive will allow me to put together the ideas I have into a doable action plan to move forward.
I expect I will be rewarded for spending time here. I am registered to see what the Transition is about, to learn about its mission and to see if there is a niche for me.
My responses to the questions ...
1. I expect to find a lot of information here about how to establish a community. I can already see the site is very comprehensive!
2. I'll be 'checking in' regularly, so I can work through the Action Plan.
3. I expect to get my project underway using my own resources; I also expect the info you've gathered here will be very helpful.
4. I imagine I'll be connected a while, and have become a 'supporter'.
5. I have no expectation that The Transition will fund any of my projects.
6. I expect I will get information here that will help in all parts of life - everything is interconnected!
7. I will contribute to others if I am able.
8. If there are ideas or concepts I want to promote, I will do so.
9. As everything affects everything, I'm sure participation here will change my life in some way.
10. I have no expectation that suggestions will be necessarily answered, though I'm sure they will be noted :)
11. I believe my expectations are reasonable.
1) I expect the transition to help me build and maintain intentional community. I hope it can give me the tools to be successful in all aspects of life. Looking forward to learning and being part of this great intiniative! 2) I intend to spend at least ten minutes a day on the site 3) I expect it to be a balance of what works best 4) I'm still uncertain but am very impressed by Nicole so that helps me want to stick around 5) I don't expect any funds from you, but I do hope you do contribute to it! 6) both! 7) Yes! 8) Yep 9) Affirmative 10) I expect to hear back immediately 11) Yes
1. My biggest problem is direction. I have good ideas but do not always know how to implement them. 2. I could use the site daily or almost daily at least. 3. I have a project started. I have a non profit with the goal of helping integrate the community through the bonds built through sports. I could use some help, but am willing to help others also. 4. I have already been sharing The Transition, The Zeitgeist Movement, The Venus Project, and Ubuntu for years now. I feel helping the world move past capitalism is the most important thing anyone can do. So I plan on sticking around for awhile. 5. I am not positive how The Transition is going to help fund things, but I am willing to help. 6. I guess the site would help on both levels. 7. I am willing to contribute, mostly time right now. 8. Yes. I already do! 9. I sure hope so! 10. I am not sure the response times, but Nicole is good on Facebook. 11. Things seem good. My main expectation or hope is for guidance. As I said I have been sharing the info for a while. I want to see more action taken!
1. I am sure this is the site that will help me to connect with like minded people. 2. My activity will vary until I am thoroughly engaged with a community vision that I feel connected to. 3. I am overwhelmed by my own projects, maybe I am supposed to ask for help. I kinda think people are busy. 4. I've been on this site since like 2012 or something - yes, waiting and wondering how we will connect, who we would connect with, what we will accomplish, if there would be anyone that would even understand my perspective or vision for our future, and struggling to connect on my own.5. Crypto could be something, ...but I really did not expect to be getting funding for anything. 6. The transition seems to focus on both professional and personal issues. 7. I am willing to give as I am able. I am willing to recieve as provisions appear. 8.Yes. 9.Yes. 10. As time allows - organic growth can not be rushed or slowed. It will bloom as it is supposed to. 11.Yes.
1 I am looking to join an ecovillage or intentional community at some point and am hoping this site will help me discover opportunities to do so 2 I don't know 3. If I can find a project to join that's already off the ground and that I can really get behind, great. If not, I am expecting to do whatever is necessary to organize a new project and get it going. 4. I don't know 5. I don't 6. everything is interconnected, I don't know how to answer this question 7. Yes 8. yes 9. yes, every experience is life altering 10. I have no idea 11. I don't really have any expectations, so yes
I only expect to be linked with people of like mind, who want to do something toward leaving capitalism and selfishness behind. People who want to live in harmony with their environment, and enjoy the things that nature has provided.
1. Not sure; mostly been along to contribute & see where this all goes. But I do have a passion for sustainability & other mechanisms of economy/commerce, and ideas around those. Maybe one day they’ll be high enough on the priority list to put into effect & look for help here. Or I’ll find someone equally excited & we’ll collaborate it out! 2. Weekly 3. I expect to, to hire out, or to find partners in collaboration (possibly including the TT Team). 4. A long time. 5. Donations at first, hopefully quickly to larger ones from some passionate more-abundant members. Then eventually a self-sustainable method thru creating your own valuable assets & income sharing with the groups you help here. 6. I had only ever really figured professional…but I could imagine both! 7. Yes! 8. Yes! 9. Yes! It already has been with NVC. 10. On the level of days, depending on the feedback’s volume, until the user base becomes much bigger (and hopefully the team stops being obligate volunteers). 11. Yes.
You guys are beyond words...Keep up the effort and amazing things will continue taking place.
1. As of my last session with Nicole I hope that I will continue to get her good advice on what I'm doing in my life. 2. I was plannng to be active on the site daily. 3. Of course I expect to do th bulk of the work on my projects. I didn't expect the Transition to do more than help. 4. I am committed to the transition for life, as I am with other projects as well. 5. I did not expect to receive any funds from the transition. I expected to be a more serious contributor when I will be more financially stable. 6-9, & 11. I implicitly stated in the affirmative previously.
�1. I feel you may help me solve the problem of not having a centralized platform for mass co-creation based around sustainability and regeneration of the planet. 2. I intend to use this site as often as needed, which may vary with time. 3. I have no issue doing the bulk of the work for my projects. Any resources to help found within the network is greatly appreciated. 4. I would like to be as involved as I possibly can if the project keeps moving in the right direction. 5. I would envision a collective pool of resources for funding projects, with some way of regenerating resources used for start ups. Will be curious to see how it plays out. 6.Most of my professional matters are personal matters, as my profession is the stewardship of life... 7. Certainly. I will happily participate in an ebb and flow of energy based around mutual support. 8. As long as everything is in alignment I have no problem promoting the site. 9. I am not sure. We shall see what time tells... 10.I would not expect it to be immediate. A few days to a week is reasonable, yet that is subject to volume and understandable variability. 11. I feel they are within reason.
1_ To make life free and solve the problems of global humanitarian peace and provide needs 2_ Due to my circumstances I will participate at least initially monthly 3_ I expect that my project on the ground will be part of the movement of change itself .. Because there is no separation 4_ Yes Certainly I registered on the site to join and participate in Change and not just knowledge of the site 5_ Support all forms of change and participants such me to succeed the movement of change and succeed everyone 6_ Yes .. We are supposed to be one new community and help me so I can help also better 7_ Yes 8_ Yes 9_ Yes 10 _ I feel that your role is good and reasonable 11_ Yeah
1. I hope to get more involved in alternative economic systems and meet people who may be interested in joining the commune we are starting. 2. I don't know yet how active I will be. I could make time daily. 3. I don't expect anyone to do my work for me. Ideally I will contribute more than I take. 4. I hope this will be a long term relationship. 5. I don't have any expectations about funding from The Transition but it would be wonderful to find help with fundraising needs. 6. Personal development is very important to me, but I'm here more for help developing the community. 7. Yes!! 8. Sure. 9. I hope so, and I imagine that would happen through personal friendships. 10. I've been getting responses in a few days time. So far it's been all Nicole! Is there anyone else? 11. I have hopes more than expectations. I definitely don't expect to get more than I give.
1. I feel by using the site I will find my "tribe" or group of people whose values resonate strongly with mine. When I do, I intend to start an intentional community with them which will help elevate the stress and need for money due to us working together reducing all of our overall costs. I feel reducing this stress will help other aspects of my life improve as well. 2. I intend to be actively engaged with Transition supporters and Contributors on a daily basis. 3. While I am not adverse to hard work and have done plenty for The Transition already I feel real momentum will happen when our team expands. 4. Yes, I truly believe carrying out this project is my life's purpose. 5. Through pooled funds of monthly contributions as well as targeted crowd-funding campaigns when tangible needs and skill-set options are not available via the site's existing resources. 6. Both 7. Yes 8. Yes 9. It has already changed me as a person in numerous ways. 10. Slow until more consistent and dependable volunteers are available. 11. Yes
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved