Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
I expect to learn a good way to network with others that share my vision of what our planet should be like. I expect that someone(s) somewhere will help me find a way to convert our bus into an electric vehicle so we can stop using gasoline for fuel. I expect myself to access this site at least once a week to keep current with both my goals and The Transition's goals. I expect that my partner and I will work physically to achieve our goal of being non-polluters. I expect to use this network on a long-term basis. I can only assume that if The Transition helps us obtain an electric motor for our bus that cash contributions and networking with other members is how that will be accomplished. I have no professional capacity to improve unless it's my renown as an unpaid writer, and not being a constant source of pollution would improve my daily outlook on life. I have a few skills that could be of use, somewhere, I'm sure, and my partner is a certified small engine mechanic and very talented with older vehicles. We own our own tools, and would gladly volunteer our labor, tools and/or knowledge to any transition member. I can't imagine turning any other's assistance down. I agree with all I've read about your goals, and would gladly promote The Transition any way I have available. I have some experience with volunteerism and realize sometimes you have to wait a bit for responses from an all-volunteer organization. I want to live harmoniously with people and the planet and I expect The Transition will help me learn how best to accomplish that.
1. I expect to be constantly mildly annoyed by this brand of philosophy with no particular benefits. 2. Intermittently 3. I don't have a project, and this philosophy of constant goal-seeking is part of my problem. 4. You expect people to answer this during their first interaction with your site? I guess this is a psych question that encourages people to envision themselves into the future at a point of high energy/engagement (presumably now), and causing them to steer their future goals towards site engagement. I'm not in this state so this question means nothing. 5. I don't. 6. Neither. 7. I don't know who they are or what sort of things people contribute. 8. I don't think the overall philosophy of this site aligns with my personal values. 9. No. 10. I don't care. 11. I think the degree that being exposed to your philosophy annoys the shit out of me is a little irrational, but it seems like combining my mother, an overenthusiastic middle school teacher, and a project management app. 12. I logged in after Nicole mentioned that some people have multiple accounts, and I wondered about that, and I realized, hmm, I've never done any steps in My Action Plan, I wonder why? And then I looked at step one and I'm like "oh, that's why, passive-aggressive mind games couched as questions."
1. Receiving guidance in a general way to help me determine what my next steps are/what I might undertake. 2. Weekly, maybe daily. 3. Cannot answer at this point. 4. I'd like to stay for a long time! 5. Cannot answer at this point. 6. Both 7. Yes. 8. Yes. 9. Definitely! 10. Contact us - maybe 2-3 days. Suggestion box - 7-10 days. 11. Yes. ---I have been trying for the past couple of years to figure out what it is that I want to change about my life and society in general. I hope that this site will allow me to discern this!
1. I’m not sure what problems I’ll need solved since it’s early in my experience with The Transition but mainly I expect it will be a guide for me when I’m stuck on finding the next step 2. Daily to weekly depending on how busy I am 3. I expect that I’ll do the bulk of my own work while guided by the team 4. I plan to be involved long term 5. Probably through supporting our individual fundraising efforts or directing funds from contributors if available/applicable 6. Both, I don’t really make a distinction between the two 7. Certainly 8. Yes 9. I really hope so, I want to feel connected to a sense of purpose 10. I suppose it depends on availability of those volunteers, ideally days to a week for a response on non urgent matters 11. Yes I do
1) Connecting with people, advice on how to proceed. 2) Realistically, probably Monthly. I expect it to go up as more people become involved and it gets off the ground. 3) I will probably do the bulk of the work, but I wish it wasn't that way. Experience has me a bit jaded. 4)Years 5) I'm not looking for funding at this point. In actuality, I have made friends with someone who writes grants, so I expect he will be able to get us funding if we get enough people together to start a real project. One thing that might be helpful is help getting our group insured. Any advice on that would be helpful. 6) Professional? I see this as a midway between personal and professional thing. I don't expect free psychotherapy, but I don't mind making friends with common interests and goals. 7) Yes 8) Yes 9) maybe eventually - hopefully 10) 1-2 days for initial response - email acknowledgement and forward to an appropriate member. 5-10 business days to resolve minor problems or get back with a phone call to follow up. 11) Yes
I was expecting more communication available with other people like me. Also, there is a lot of talk about the plan, but how it all could be done? Suggest taking a look at a simple project like precious plastic which includes BuddyPress so people could communicate. This platform looks over complicated and based only on talks.
1. Support and encouragement to live my mission: "To co-create a world of permission and enjoyment by trusting the process and surrendering the outcome." 2. Daily 3. No expectation 4. I'm checking it out and plan to be engaged. 5. no funding necessary 6. both 7. yes 8. yes 9. yes 10. a few days 11. no expectation
1. There is almost unlimited things that i could achieve with the proper help, initially a home, local food security, and reducing not only my own carbon footprint, but also helping others reduce theirs. Later I aim to raise the local water table, help provide jobs, organic non-gmo seeds, provide permaculture courses, help impoverished areas get affordable shelter, clean water and abundant food. 2. Weekly, for i have many other things i am juggling at the moment. 3. I have a solid team that is dedicated to our vision so the majority of work to get the project going will be done by us, plus i was a promoter for years and have a very good network so i will be doing most of the business and networking. 4. I would say for years because our aim is to create a "Gaianomcs" that will benefit life in all its forms, so essentially our relationship should benefit both of us more and more as we grow individually. 5. I try not to have expectations but i guess through contributors, investors, donations, or any other means you may have available to you, or by helping me get 501c3 status so i can get grants and do fundraisers myself. 6. I believe that its all connected so the professional matters you will be helping me with will in turn help me with many of my personal ones as well. 7. Absolutely! The aim is to he helping and contributing to everyone in the community. 8. As long as we both benefit that wouldn't be a problem for me. 9. Once again I try not to have expectations but if things go as i hope they will, it will be life altering to more than just my own! 10. I didn't really consider that, i wouldn't know, anywhere from a day to a week or two? 11. Yes I do and i believe that the power of the universe is on our side for this!
1. Providing tools and resources to assist with developing a free collaboration network in my local community 2. I will be checking in daily if possible 3. I would be happy to complete the bulk of the work on the ground in my community! I am already volunteering for the Green Party but I really believe I can be doing much more outside the bureaucracy of the classical political system 4. I have spent the majority of my life dedicated to the same mission, values, and vision that The Transition supports! I do not plan to stop my efforts towards transitioning to a more peaceful, just, and ecologically sustainable society anytime soon. 5. I'm not entirely sure! I was first referred to this site when looking for videos/pamphlets to share which would not require funding! I would hope that a network of like-minded members of the Transition would be able to financially support potential projects if it is needed but for the most part, I expect to be involved in projects that do not require much funding at all. 6. I feel that this site has resources to help in all areas of my life! I have a job environment which would most likely not be very receptive to the ideas promoted by the Transition (I work for an insurance company) but that never stops me from trying to plant the seeds! Educational resources such as posters and videos would be extremely helpful in getting the word out to both my colleagues and friends/family. 7. Yes, I'd be more than happy to give to those who need and receive when I am in a position of need myself. 8. I would be happy to promote the site! I never hesitate to share with my online and in person community. 9. I guess that would depend on the definition of "life altering". I'm not sure that the use of this site would qualify, though I will say that the reason I am here is because of other majorly "life altering" ideas that led me to the train of thought behind uplifting all human beings and bringing us back into balance with nature. 10. I have absolutely no expectations for the turn around time after contacting you, although if you would like assistance in that area once I have been authorized (I believe that is after phase II?) I'd be happy to help! I've been doing customer service for years now and I'm sure I would be of great help in answering emails etc 11. I believe my expectations for the Transition are reasonable :)
1. At the moment the only problem I have is to find a job in my areas of expertise. Since It has already been addressed and we couldn't find a solution, I don't feel it will be solve or resolve. 2. Monthly 3. I don't have any project 4. Neither of those 5. I don't have any project 6. Both 7. Yes 8. Yes 9. No 10. I don't know (I'm not a wizard) 11. I didn't made any expectation
Hopefull I'll find people interested in joining Koto coop projects or some other similar project. http://kotocoop.org.
1. Whether more needs to be done with regards to building out a viable transitional/ post-transitional system. 2. Depends, but potentially daily if necessary. 3. Unsure at this stage. 4. Would be committed long-term if thetransition.org is necessarily pivotal transitionally moving forward. 5. Unsure at this stage. 6. Don't know if such a distinction has relevance to myself. 7. Yes 8. Yes 9. No expectations as yet. 10. Expectation is in alignment with the fact that it is voluntarily run, and therefore delays to whatever extent may occur. 11. Yes
I have joined the group in the hope that the site will spur me to action when everyday life gets in the way of what I want to work towards for myself and my planet. I am confident the help I receive will allow me to put together the ideas I have into a doable action plan to move forward.
I expect I will be rewarded for spending time here. I am registered to see what the Transition is about, to learn about its mission and to see if there is a niche for me.
My responses to the questions ...
1. I expect to find a lot of information here about how to establish a community. I can already see the site is very comprehensive!
2. I'll be 'checking in' regularly, so I can work through the Action Plan.
3. I expect to get my project underway using my own resources; I also expect the info you've gathered here will be very helpful.
4. I imagine I'll be connected a while, and have become a 'supporter'.
5. I have no expectation that The Transition will fund any of my projects.
6. I expect I will get information here that will help in all parts of life - everything is interconnected!
7. I will contribute to others if I am able.
8. If there are ideas or concepts I want to promote, I will do so.
9. As everything affects everything, I'm sure participation here will change my life in some way.
10. I have no expectation that suggestions will be necessarily answered, though I'm sure they will be noted :)
11. I believe my expectations are reasonable.
1) I expect the transition to help me build and maintain intentional community. I hope it can give me the tools to be successful in all aspects of life. Looking forward to learning and being part of this great intiniative! 2) I intend to spend at least ten minutes a day on the site 3) I expect it to be a balance of what works best 4) I'm still uncertain but am very impressed by Nicole so that helps me want to stick around 5) I don't expect any funds from you, but I do hope you do contribute to it! 6) both! 7) Yes! 8) Yep 9) Affirmative 10) I expect to hear back immediately 11) Yes
1. My biggest problem is direction. I have good ideas but do not always know how to implement them. 2. I could use the site daily or almost daily at least. 3. I have a project started. I have a non profit with the goal of helping integrate the community through the bonds built through sports. I could use some help, but am willing to help others also. 4. I have already been sharing The Transition, The Zeitgeist Movement, The Venus Project, and Ubuntu for years now. I feel helping the world move past capitalism is the most important thing anyone can do. So I plan on sticking around for awhile. 5. I am not positive how The Transition is going to help fund things, but I am willing to help. 6. I guess the site would help on both levels. 7. I am willing to contribute, mostly time right now. 8. Yes. I already do! 9. I sure hope so! 10. I am not sure the response times, but Nicole is good on Facebook. 11. Things seem good. My main expectation or hope is for guidance. As I said I have been sharing the info for a while. I want to see more action taken!
1. I am sure this is the site that will help me to connect with like minded people. 2. My activity will vary until I am thoroughly engaged with a community vision that I feel connected to. 3. I am overwhelmed by my own projects, maybe I am supposed to ask for help. I kinda think people are busy. 4. I've been on this site since like 2012 or something - yes, waiting and wondering how we will connect, who we would connect with, what we will accomplish, if there would be anyone that would even understand my perspective or vision for our future, and struggling to connect on my own.5. Crypto could be something, ...but I really did not expect to be getting funding for anything. 6. The transition seems to focus on both professional and personal issues. 7. I am willing to give as I am able. I am willing to recieve as provisions appear. 8.Yes. 9.Yes. 10. As time allows - organic growth can not be rushed or slowed. It will bloom as it is supposed to. 11.Yes.
1 I am looking to join an ecovillage or intentional community at some point and am hoping this site will help me discover opportunities to do so 2 I don't know 3. If I can find a project to join that's already off the ground and that I can really get behind, great. If not, I am expecting to do whatever is necessary to organize a new project and get it going. 4. I don't know 5. I don't 6. everything is interconnected, I don't know how to answer this question 7. Yes 8. yes 9. yes, every experience is life altering 10. I have no idea 11. I don't really have any expectations, so yes
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved