For more than a decade, Jessica Pettitt has been educating people to support and embrace a more diverse environment. Her social justice and diversity curricula are used nationwide.
Jessica Pettitt is the "diversity educator" your family warned you about.
She is easy to work with, accessible, and presents concepts that can be hard to put into action and makes them simple. Jess gets participants uncomfortable enough to incorporate — not just talk about — social justice into their lives immediately. Nominated for three years by Campus Activities Magazine for Best Diversity Artist, and Hot Pick for 2011, Jessica’s programs are direct, customized, and highly interactive. Her workshops, trainings, and keynotes take participants on a journey weaving together politics, theory, current events, and storytelling with large doses of humor reminiscent of Bob Newhart, George Carlin, Wanda Sykes and Paula Poundstone. Jessica takes 10+ years in Student Affairs, 5+ years of national consulting work, and 2+ years of stand up comedy stage to stage, as part of her mission to inspire change, dismantle oppression, and reclaim our responsibility to make change. Through teaching, writing, and facilitating tough conversations, Jessica has figured out how to BE the change she wants to BE. Now it is your turn!
Visit Her Websites:
View Her Resume
Read Her Articles:
Professional Publications - Social Justice
- Conversations that Create Change
- Fighting for Fifty Minutes
- Go There When You Can't Get Up
- Showing Up White
- But I Cannot Win
- When Diversity Isn't Enough
- That's So Greek!
- Connecting the Dots: Social Justice as Developing Concept to a Way of Learning
- A Common Goal: Serving Students
Professional Publications - Trans-specific
- Fierce Dyke Caught Doing Husband's Laundry Marriage: The New Frontier
- From Where I Sit: Re-purposing Gender
- Transgender Inclusion at No Cost?
- Creating an Inclusive Home
- Brotherhood & Sisterhood Reconsidered: Transgender Resource Guide & Inclusion
- Gender Bending Your Ear!
- Marriage: The New Frontier
- How Have Trans-Inclusive Non-Discrimination Polices Changed Institutions?
- Transgender Resource Guide
- Transamerica: A Journey Worth Taking?
- Trans Action Steps: Trans Inclusive Steps for College Campuses
- Translating Boyer's Principles & Community: Impact on Trans/ Gender Variant Campus Populations
- Gender Bending Your Ear
Professional Publications - LGBT
Professional Publications - Other
- It's Not Just a "Thing"...How to Stretch Those Dollars
- Financial Realignment: Realities of Financial Planning
Read Her Books:
- Her Social Justice Resource Store
- Notice Notes: A Reflection Journal
- Notice Notes II: Still Noticing: A Reflection Journal (Volume 2)
- Notice Notes III: Always Noticing: A Reflection Journal (Volume 3)
Like/Friend Her On Facebook:
Follow Her on Twitter
Connect with Her on Linkedin
Subscribe to Her Youtube Channel
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved