Wael Sobhy commented on The Transition Featured on The Sustainable Living Podcast 2020-07-16 09:27:52 -0500 on July 16, 2020 at 09:27 AM (CDT)I am happy that there is all this beauty and cooperation. There has been a great development and remarkable and important activity, and a convergence of ideas within the new transitional society. Despite the different names for the different movements, the noble goal remains one, only the cooperation remains more and the creation of wonderful deliberate societies in every suitable place. Thanks and gratitude
Wael Sobhy posted about Site Expectations on Facebook 2018-03-05 20:33:40 -0600 on March 05, 2018 at 08:33 PM (CST)Post your suggestions for The Transition
Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
Wael Sobhy tagged Laura Banks' My expectations with important 2018-01-26 03:58:40 -0600 on January 26, 2018 at 03:58 AM (CST)
1. I hope to get more involved in alternative economic systems and meet people who may be interested in joining the commune we are starting. 2. I don't know yet how active I will be. I could make time daily. 3. I don't expect anyone to do my work for me. Ideally I will contribute more than I take. 4. I hope this will be a long term relationship. 5. I don't have any expectations about funding from The Transition but it would be wonderful to find help with fundraising needs. 6. Personal development is very important to me, but I'm here more for help developing the community. 7. Yes!! 8. Sure. 9. I hope so, and I imagine that would happen through personal friendships. 10. I've been getting responses in a few days time. So far it's been all Nicole! Is there anyone else? 11. I have hopes more than expectations. I definitely don't expect to get more than I give.
Wael Sobhy posted about What Is Your Action Plan? on Facebook 2017-05-31 07:06:46 -0500 on May 31, 2017 at 07:06 AM (CDT)What Is Your Action Plan?
What Is Your Action Plan?A:
Unity, Strategy, and Nonviolent Power for an Unstoppable Movement
This portion of the website maps out the path you need to take depending on the direction you chose. Like a guidebook, this section describes the milestones and choices necessary to take on each path. You will learn where the traps and snags are, as well as where the well-trodden and proven paths can be found. You will find firsthand stories told by others who have taken the journey before you and be able to learn from their missteps. As well as discover the methods they have found that work for them. Your Action Plan includes a set of tools activists (and those who wish to get active) can use to:
- Build Community
- Train in Nonviolence Principles
- Create and pursue strategic thinking toward the realization of campaign goals.
- the Roadmap MANDALA (see Our Plan)
- web-based ways to connect with one another and benefit from many resources, such as the COMPASS, and Study Guides, and finally
- ways to build a strategy for long-term change integrated into the model itself.
See Related Page:
Your Action Plan
Sources: Metta Center: What is a Road-map
Contributors: Metta Center
Recommended Reading: Metta Center: What is a Road-map
Wael Sobhy posted about What Really Motivates Us on Facebook 2017-05-27 05:05:53 -0500 on May 27, 2017 at 05:05 AM (CDT)What Really Motivates Us
Wael Sobhy endorsed via Jonah Lion 2017-05-22 18:23:11 -0500 on May 22, 2017 at 06:23 PM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Wael Sobhy - [email protected]
Wael Sobhy 296BB
Donate on behalf of Wael Sobhy: