@tshore62665 tweeted link to Site Expectations. 2018-11-23 06:31:30 -0600 on November 23, 2018 at 06:31 AM (CST)Post your suggestions for The Transition https://www.thetransition.org/site_expectations?recruiter_id=71
Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
Tammy shore published Meet like minded people in Site Expectations 2018-11-23 06:31:17 -0600 on November 23, 2018 at 06:31 AM (CST)
Meet like minded people
1. Meet like minded people. 2. At least weekly.. depends on how busy I am.. 3. I feel I will do mist of the work for my projects.. 4. I'll be here for awhile.. 5. Im not really sure? If I can get funding some where I have a wonderful plan.. 6. Both..7. Yes 8. Yes. 9. Possible 10. I am not sure?? 11. Yes they are responsible..
@tshore62665 tweeted link to The Transition Featured on The Sustainable Living Podcast. 2018-11-23 06:13:45 -0600 on November 23, 2018 at 06:13 AM (CST)The Transition Featured on The Sustainable Living Podcast https://www.thetransition.org/the_transition_featured_on_the_sustainable_living_podcast?recruiter_id=71
The Transition Featured on The Sustainable Living Podcast
Creating an Economic Transition
In episode 76 of The Sustainable Living Podcast Nicole Bienfang Seed Person of The Transition discusses with host Jenise Fryatt how our organization helps people take action.
You may wish to check out the following related links that are mentioned in the interview:
Twin Oaks Communities Conference
Show Discussion Chronology
1:00 – Chronic Illness – Binge documentary watching
3:00 – The Venus Project – Resource Based Economy
6:00 – Michael E.V Knight – Build a Resource Based Economy Now Facebook Group
10:00 – Intentional Communities – considered patchwork solution by Venus Project
11:15 – Identifying common themes within the tribe
13:00 – Decided to create our own website
15:15 – Status of RBE Facebook Group now
16:30 – How the website helps people to take action
18:00 – Pitfalls of too many groups trying to do the same thing
20:45 – Difference between The Transition and Transition Towns
24:15 – Top Down vs Bottom Up Approach
27:45 – Objectives of The Transition and how it takes action to meet them
29:45 – Identifying best ways to start taking action and developing “Your Action Plan”
31:00 – Matching resources to needs
32:45 – The Transition is a reciprocal organization – Stone Soup
36:45 – The powerful hidden fringe benefit of all this
39:30 – “There is no soup unless you put in some potatoes”
41:45 – Making fringe society mainstream
43:30 – Attracting and organizing volunteers and groups
45:00 – Developing a crowd-funding platform for funding member projects
47:30 – Some of the projects that are being helped by the site
49:30 – Site being used as a filter to find serious people for projects
51:00 – How can people make the best use of The Transition website?
54:45 – The importance of non-violent communication
57:30 – The importance of re- assessing the usefulness of our current system
59:00 – Ways to contribute to the Transition community and benefits of contributing
1:02:20 – Yearly conference at Twin Oaks Intentional Community
Listen to the Show
Tammy shore commented on I been here in the transition for awhile now.. 2019-05-24 17:10:10 -0500 on May 24, 2019 at 05:10 PM (CDT)At Ryanna.. I’ve bought 5 acres in the Ozarks of Missouri.. I plan to grow lots of food. I’m an empath. Medicine woman.. Adopted in the new Haven native American Church.. I want to have a women’s healing sanctuary here.. Feel it’s my calling. It’s beautiful here.. Universe brought me here to this very special place..
Tammy shore endorsed 2016-11-11 08:47:54 -0600 on November 11, 2016 at 08:47 AM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Cannabis Community.. Focusing on healing the mind , body and spirit... One Love .. :) - [email protected]
Tammy shore 140BB
I am a cannabis activist and found protandim nrf2.. It reverses oxidative stress n free radicals that causes diseases and aging... I have bought 5 acres of land in the Ozarks of Missouri.. I am growing lots of food. I want to have a women's healing sanc
Donate on behalf of Tammy shore: