Jon Norcross commented on Error message 2016-02-18 15:09:49 -0600 on February 18, 2016 at 03:09 PM (CST)Which movie? Please provide a link.
Does your phone normally allow you to watch movies? Most of the movies we have on the site come from youtube so check that you can watch movies on that site.
Jon Norcross tagged Nicole Bienfang's Castile Soap Tester, DIY Tester- The Transition Team with Diy Tester 2016-02-04 18:28:03 -0600 on February 04, 2016 at 06:28 PM (CST)
Before we put projects or solutions on the website we want to make sure that they work! Be one of our testers and determine whether these solutions are a good idea. We need 5 people to try out each solution before it gets approved to be put up on the site. Test these out and get back to us with your findings!
Use Castile Soap in the following ways:
1. Shampoo: Use castile soap as a stand-in for a harsh detergent-based shampoo. Give your head a break! Just mix castile soap with water at a ratio of 1:3.
2. Laundry Detergent: You can make your own laundry detergent with simple, common ingredients. Save tons money and do the environment a friendly favor. It’s a win-win!
3. Tub Scrub: Make a tile or toilet “soft scrub” out of baking soda and castile soap. Simply fill a spray bottle with a dilution of 1:3 castile to water. Sprinkling the area you wish to clean with a liberal dusting of baking soda, then spray the castile solution over the top. Scour with a sponge or scrub brush and watch the stains disappear. This also works great on crusty stovetops!
4. Mopping Solution: Use 2 or 3 tablespoons of castile soap in a full bucket of water, and mop mop mop your floors to a sparkly new luster.
5. Dish Soap: Make a dishwashing soap (for hand washing) or a liquid hand soap (for washing hands) by simply mixing a 1:1 ratio of castile to water.
6. Dishwasher Detergent: Make a fancier DIY liquid dishwasher detergent that’s inexpensive and eco-friendly.
7. Soap Dispenser Refill: You can refill your foaming hand soap dispenser with 1 part castile soap to 4 parts water.
8. Body Wash: You can use castile soap as a gentle yet efficient bath soap/body wash. They actually sell castile bar soap, but if you want to use the liquid just dilute it in a 2:1 ratio of castile to water.
9. Dog Shampoo: What’s good enough for you is even better for your pet! Use the same ratio listed above for an awesome DIY doggie shampoo.
10. Toothpaste: You can actually use castile soap in place of your toothpaste, and pure soap is much better for your teeth than the nasty chemicals they put in most commercial pastes. Just add a few drops directly to your wet brush. It works wonders, although the flavor can take some getting used to!
11. Veggie Wash: Make a simple veggie wash for cleansing all your produce. Add 1 tablespoon castile soap to 2 cups of water, and keep the mixture in a squirt bottle near the kitchen sink.
12. Carpet Cleaner: Finally, you can make an effective carpet cleaner by mixing 1/4 cup castile into 1 cup water. Place the solution in the blender and let it fly until it forms a stiff foam. Apply as you would any other carpet cleaning product.
Send us your results in our Report Portal.
Jon Norcross commented on New Jukebox Design 2015-10-12 18:14:40 -0500 on October 12, 2015 at 06:14 PM (CDT)This could probably be done, but it would take a significant amount of development time to make the page like the picture.
Jon Norcross commented on Is a Design for a Tutorial needed? 2015-09-21 18:45:30 -0500 on September 21, 2015 at 06:45 PM (CDT)What kind of Tutorial were you thinking of? A tutorial on how to navigate the site? The Action Plan is suppose to be the guide or ‘tutorial’ if you will on how to proceed with building a community.
Jon Norcross published The Story of Your Enslavement in YouTube Tracker 2014-12-19 06:54:39 -0600 on December 19, 2014 at 06:54 AM (CST)
Jon Norcross published The Grocery Storewars in YouTube Tracker 2014-11-26 17:14:55 -0600 on November 26, 2014 at 05:14 PM (CST)
Jon Norcross published Messages in the Hunger Games in YouTube Tracker 2014-11-26 17:04:20 -0600 on November 26, 2014 at 05:04 PM (CST)
Jon Norcross published The Organic Life in Our Food 2014-11-26 16:58:26 -0600 on November 26, 2014 at 04:58 PM (CST)
Following a year in the life of Austin, a hopeful organic farmer, and his skeptical girlfriend Casey, this illuminating doc chronicles farm living and shows not only who grows your food, but also how it is grown.
A great way to show your support and help grow The Transition is to distribute copies of the films found in our Movie Vault to people who are not yet a part of our movement. They make great:
- Rewards or door prizes at large fairs, festivals, and events
- Movie screenings possible!
Your purchase also monetarily helps The Transition cover our overhead costs as well as strengthen our Buzz Bucks and The Cooking Pot programs.
Jon Norcross endorsed 2014-09-23 16:27:51 -0500 on September 23, 2014 at 04:27 PM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Jon Norcross endorsed 2016-03-24 19:40:35 -0500 on March 24, 2016 at 07:40 PM (CDT)I support The Transition because our current direction needs to change.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
~ Dr. SeussEndorse
If none of the below items apply to you just fill out the information in the fields below.
- Have questions about our website, organization or other things related to The Transition? Check out our FAQ section of our website.
- Want to give us a Progress Report on one of the Events you've put on? Give us the details in our Report Portal.
- Would you like to ask us for funding for your project? Please fill out this form with your request!
- Would you like your Intentional Community listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Would you like your Co-op listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Do you have a complaint about one of The Transition's communities, businesses, or co-ops? Please provide thorough information in the box below.
- Are you a Contributor of The Transition and would like your business to be listed in the Contributor Businesses section of our store? Please fill out this form with all of your info.
- Would you like to submit information for ImagiNATION CO-OPeration? Gives us all the juicy details down below!
- Would you like to submit a music video for our Jukebox? Please be sure to provide the link to the video as well as a link to the lyrics for the song when submitting in the box below.
- Would you like to host a movie screening in your local area? Please submit it on our Events page.
- Do you love to research advancements and new technology? Send us the links of your discoveries so we can share them with others.
- Got an internet meme you can't resist sharing? Send us the link and we might add it to our favorite internet memes portal!
- Want to learn more about The Transition before you get involved? Browse our Transition FAQ for more info!
- Do you have a business that would appeal to our members, that has 500 employees or more? Go here to find out how you can be a featured business.
For the following categories:
- Did you find some typos, broken links or videos that don't work?
- Do you have a project idea you think we should work on?
- Did you find an awesome tool that you want to share that would help make collaboration even easier?
- Do you think our Standards are missing something?
Please submit to our Suggestion Box.Submit
Jon Norcross published Thrive in YouTube Tracker 2014-06-23 19:37:29 -0500 on June 23, 2014 at 07:37 PM (CDT)
Jon Norcross published Building Community with Cohousing in YouTube Tracker 2014-06-04 20:18:07 -0500 on June 04, 2014 at 08:18 PM (CDT)
Jon Norcross signed up on Stay Up-to-Date with the Latest News 2015-06-23 19:20:25 -0500 on June 23, 2015 at 07:20 PM (CDT)
Jon Norcross - email@example.com
I support The Transition because our world is currently moving in a very dangerous direction and that direction needs to be modified for the benefit of everyone rather than a few.