Who do you know that supports our mission? Recommend our site & help us reach our goals even faster!
Begin to Speak Up, Spread The Word & Connect With People
Now that you have been educating yourself about what is going on in the world via our Movie Vault and other information on the site, start speaking up to others about it. While it may seem taboo to bring up certain subjects, you will be surprised to see how many people are feeling a lot of this stuff behind the scenes in their own private lives. Share information you like from the site, as this is how we will get more people educating themselves and thinking about things. You can share our website, and documentaries to get the ball rolling or maybe even host an event or movie screening! Get creative with it. Use photos on Facebook, put posters in your community or go big and pull off a community event like free hugs in a public area. These actions turn heads and get people asking what it’s all about. A great way to spread the word. Connect with others in your community. By starting a Meetup group or connecting with others in your area on a regular basis, people can begin to unite their ideas and see how they can assist each other to begin moving forward. You will be very surprised to find out how we are all a key piece of the puzzle in any given group. Together we can achieve big things. If you are having difficulty thinking of people to talk to about The Transition use our Memory Jogger page to think of names of people you may know.
The issue we face now in our early stages is that we must create a large following of Contributors for ICs and community experts to take us seriously and want to dedicate the time it takes to pass on their sage advice and experience. So, we need all of you to help get as many people as possible involved! We do have some ICs currently working with us, but again until we gain ourselves more clout we are not their top priority at the moment.
Bonus Tip: You can help us raise funding for our various programs and activities without spending anything extra. Visit Amazon by clicking the button below and a portion of your purchases will go to The Transition!Start recruiting
Our events calendar provides a broader outlook, helps all of us taking part in the transition to see our own personal efforts and those of The Transition Inter-Community Network as a whole. This way each one of us can see the larger picture and other efforts being made, not to mention taking part of in some of these amazing events and get-togethers.
Please be sure to inform your Point Person when you add an event. Due to an increase in internet spambot activity we no longer allow our site to automatically update submitted events. In order to verify and guarantee your event is posted and live for everyone to see contact your Point Person to make sure it gets approved.
Please Take Note:
- DO NOT RSVP for ANY BUD meeting unless you have been formally invited to attend. BUD meetings are listed so others are aware of their existence so as not over book the dates and times they are scheduled with other events.
- We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
See all events or Host your own
Why do we need your financial support? Services we offer like Your Action Plan are FREE for you, but not for us. Maintaining and improving our website not only costs a lot of time, but money as well. For example, there are hardware and software costs, telecommunication costs and more. This project is not backed by a company, so there is no fixed funding and every minute we spend on it is taken from our spare time. We rely on the goodwill and generosity of people like you to continue our work until our goal of a Global Egalitarian System is a reality. Your Contributions ensures that we remain fiercely independent and able to act in the best interest of humanity. It isn't free, or even cheap, to run The Transition, and the future is a long way away (depending on how active you and others like you are in getting involved and squashing your fears).
Your landlord probably won't barter for rent. We have cash expenses too.
The Transition runs on generosity, mutual respect, and collaborative efforts.
Can you help with a contribution of $5, $10, or $20?
A little goes a long way.
$5= a month of server time
$20=1 domain for a year
$50= Nationbuilder software for 1 month
$60= One Year of Leadership Training
Of course, you can donate any amount you regard appropriate. We hope you get an idea of some of the things we have to pay for in order to maintain this website and our organization, for you.
So to make sure we can keep this all up and running, we would really appreciate your support!
With your support, we will work to prevent homelessness, poverty and incite an energy revolution; to protect and preserve our planet; to keep genetically engineered ingredients out of your food by teaching you how to plant and grow your own. We plan to create a peaceful and nuclear-free future.
Did you know: You can help donate funds without spending anything extra? Yup, Amazon pays us a little commission of whatever you buy, whether it be a product recommended here or anything else, if you follow this Amazon link. This helps us pay for servers and other necessary expenses to keep us running. Help Us -- Buy at Amazon. Bookmark our Amazon reference link to drop us a little commission every time you buy from them.
Our site exists so that creative solution oriented people (like yourself) can help each other produce results for their grassroots efforts that make global impact . More work gets done in networks of shared respect and shared resources than in competitive isolation. By honoring agreements and working hard, Contributors of The Transition Inter-Community Network will build lasting ties in a community of enormous potential.
With your help we can create a brighter tomorrow we can all be proud of!
"Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely daydreaming, but vision with action can change the world."
~ Nelson Mandela
People often ask us "What Can I Do?"
To achieve our mission, we believe in combining online and offline activism.
Of course, there are many ways to effect change in the world: political campaigns or lobbying, direct action protests and rallies, consciousness raising groups, etc. We see the need in our world to work primarily outside the system to define and demonstrate new cultures, sometimes radically different from the mainstream. Below is a list of various suggested activities our supporters have put together that they find to be most effective. You can do these on your own time to learn more about The Transition and help promote it to spread awareness!
We welcome your suggestions (via our Suggestion Box) to improve this list so we can be an example of positive, intentional social change!
Start completing the steps outlined in Your Action Plan
Things you can do:
Print and Distribute
- The official The Transition Brochure. (Under Development- We are looking for a Graphic Designer)
- A Vindication of Human Dignity Brochure
- 6 Principles of Non-Violence Flyer
- Our official informational flyers during other cultural and social fairs in your area. ( Under Development- We are looking for a Graphic Designer)
- Our official posters in schools, colleges, and universities. We've discovered bathroom/lavatory stalls are one of the most effective places you can put them in these types of venues. (Under Development- We are looking for a Graphic Designer)
-Asking people in your community to sign up for our e-mail (on our Home page) list to show their support for the work we are doing is one of the best and easiest ways to raise awareness locally, and to bring more voices to our cause. It's easy to get started, too—you can work as a group with friends and neighbors, or you can take action on your own. Below are a few tips and tricks for successfully asking others to get involved.
You can help us grow our network of people willing to take action for the environment. Tweet, blog, and feature our content on Facebook and other social network platforms.
- Join our Facebook Community and Help Spread the Word (Looking for Facebook Page Manager)
- Any time you see a fellow Transition Supporter or Contributor sharing content about The Transition on their Facebook profile give it a Love so others see they are not alone. It also inspires the person who shared that content to share more!
- Share viral images from our Meme Portal on your Facebook, Pinterest, and other social networks to raise awareness of what we are doing.
- Research new technologies and share your discoveries with the Tech Research / Facebook Teams via our Contact Us page.
- List yourself as a Supporter/Contributor/Volunteer/Seed/ BUD Team Member/Translator on your Facebook personal profile. Be sure NOT to imply or state that you work for The Transition.
- Share the videos we call The Basics on your profile.
- Change your Political Views to Global Egalitarian System.
- Change your cover image to one of The Transition designs.
- Share content off our Facebook page by following the guidelines given in the “Long Description” section.
- Follow us on Twitter (Looking for Twitter Manager)
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel and share our videos (Looking for YouTube Channel Manager)
- Share memes from our Meme Portal.
Once you have reached Phase II and are properly educated about what The Transition is about you can volunteer and take a more active role in all the positive things our organization is doing.
- Since we are a young organization we need lots of help with getting more people involved. You can help us by using your referral link found on the Spread the Word page.
- Review the roles for Volunteering and see if there are any roles you can fulfill.
- Register your Skills so we know who to turn to when someone needs help with something you specialize in.
- Once you are a Contributor you can learn more about the specific needs of others in The Transition Inter-Community Network and help them out by contacting them about their Classified ads.