Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
1. Meet like minded people. 2. At least weekly.. depends on how busy I am.. 3. I feel I will do mist of the work for my projects.. 4. I'll be here for awhile.. 5. Im not really sure? If I can get funding some where I have a wonderful plan.. 6. Both..7. Yes 8. Yes. 9. Possible 10. I am not sure?? 11. Yes they are responsible..
1) Finding community to cocreate with. Finding awesome people is the problem I expect to solve 2) Almost daily 3) For “my” project I am hoping to find many people to do the work as I have limited spoons. I do not expect ANYONE to do something they do not want to and feel called to do 4) I am here for the long haul to work on my project and help others with theirs, once we have saved all of humanity I will take a break 5) I do not expect funding, I have my own (similar) funding model 6) It is all connected, I bring my whole self to everything I do and accept others as they are. 7) Yes that is what community is 8) Absolutely...already tweeted it and shared it on FB 9) Already has been, introduced to nonviolent communication and non zero days 10) A few days would be my expectation but communication to a timeline would help me if it is longer than a week (ie: it takes us a few weeks to get back to people) 11) I am a very reasonable person, even when it comes to me “unreasonable project”. I do not require my expectations to be met. I am here for what is offered as it changes and evolves.
I have learnt from many of lifes challenges that it is easier to go with the flow and not have too many expectations. I can not wait to meet other people to co create with and support peoples projects and see if there are people interested in my projects.
2. monthly, 3. Collaborating is the only way we can Transition, 4. Yes, I am very invested although I spend little time here, 5. My organization has self funding, 6. I want this site to help mostly with catalyzing a paradigm shift, 7. I am a fully committed Gifter 8. Yes, raising awareness about solutions is how we change the world, 9. My life is changing every year, 10. You seem pretty fast at responding. 11. Yes.
My focus is changing the current MINDSET, which i think is the most important aspect of the transition. Until a persons MINDSET changes, they will not help to make the transition. i do this through social media, mostly FB, and in person when talking with others.
1. I feel like your organization can help navigate the many pitfalls that can plague starting a New Paradigm. To shift away from the old paradigm, reevaluating old belief systems, patterns, and changing them requires much work, more than what others expect. I hope this comprehensive process can show unique ways to ease the transition. 2. I plan to check/work daily, at the worst, weekly. 3. I'm confused with the question but I will answer this: I expect to give my all in my areas of expertise and providing as much as I can to help the Transition. I expect the Transition to help in areas that I have no knowledge or to provide unique connection, solutions, or examples of how to help achieve a more sustainable world. 4. I expect to be a team player for many years if it helps others see and act towards creating a better future. 5. I expect that most of projects started have to have grassroots beginnings where a few people share what that they can and see where the missing resources are to start small-scale projects that are profitable enough to expand the existing project or create another similarly profitable project. I do not know the funding system of the Transition but I would not ask for funding unless I had a plan that was well-developed by members of the Transition. 7. I expect this site to help both professionally and personally, whether it be connecting business connections towards creating sustainable businesses/projects, or leading to gurus/ceremonies, or healers that have solutions to emotional, physical, or spiritual problems. 8. Yes of course. 9. I am always altering my behaviors, mindset, and activities to align with the path of least harm but with the most amount postive transformation. I see the Transition aligned with this goal so yes. 10. I dunno, I expect a waiting time of around a week. 11. I do feel like it is reasonable, maybe slightly ambitious, but I'm easy-going so I keep my expectations pretty wide.
I am willing to do whatever it takes to help make the world a better place. As a Shaman it is my self chosen duty to heal, serve, and educate. I also lead through being a role model and a facilitator. I don't know what expectations to have for "thetransition.org" because I have not begun working with you guys yet. I am not sure what role I can best take on to assist the project nor how well it is developed to support my projects. I like what I hear so far though and I am ready to begin. I am looking for a community of like minded individuals who want to start making the world a better place! Anyone reading this can contact me to get to know me and begin working on things with me. Reach me at email@example.com. Peace, love, and joy to all!
I want to be more active with the transition... i have found some land.. just got moved on it a couple of weeks ago... I want to participate more
1. I am hoping for guidance in building an arts-centered community. 2. Not sure. 3. I am happy to do the bulk of the work. 4. Depends on how it goes. 5. I'm not expecting The Transition to fund my project, but if I do need funding for part of it I hope The Transition can connect me with others who want to see what I'm doing succeed. 6. The professional should be personal. 7. Absolutely. 8. Yes. 9. I hope so. 10. Not sure. 11. Yes.
I came across Transition while investigation Transition Town. The home page rang true for me - in that by providing better options, we can change the world. So, I'm not looking for help to solve problems, but am looking for a way to contribute to the vision. I intend to be involved daily, at least to start, while I work on my action plan. I have no issues with doing the bulk of the work on a project. I originally registered to get more information on contributing. I guess we will see where it goes from here! I don't expect funding for projects. I would love to be able to contribute my skills to others. Yes, from what I have seen so far, I would be willing to promote this site. I don't know if it will be "life-altering", but I sure hope it will be! No specific turn around time expected. Yes, I feel my expectations are reasonable.
1. Learning more about other ICs and living in ICs and visiting other ICs 2. I may not be very active, don't know yet. 3. I don't have a specific project, I am more exploring The Transition to learn more. 4. It's too soon to tell how long I'll be active, I am just exploring right now. 5. I have heard that The Transition does fundraisers such as crowdsourcing and is also in communication with ICs about funds. 6. From what I have learned so far it seems to be offering help with personal as well as professional matters. 7. I enjoy cooperation and reciprocation. If I were interested in and committed to doing more I would certainly consider what I had to give to others. 8. I don't have any skill or experience in promoting, so I would likely be unable to help with outreach. 9. I don't have expectations about this yet. I feel it's too soon to tell if my life will be changed by this. 10. Not sure yet what kind of turnaround time to expect from Suggestions Box, but I don't expect this to be an issue in any way. 11. I feel all of the above expectations i have provided are reasonable.
I feel this is a Perfect Avenue to Share and Gather Valuable Skills! I am excited to proceed in every step and process involved. Dedicating anything I can to keep The Transition and Ubuntu Growing and Expanding as this is the Vision and Desire, I have believed to be the answer to so many lifelong questions. I am totally committed to the training and helping others reach their goals. Looking Forward to getting this Positive, Snow Ball Rolling, in the High Desert!!! :-)
I am hoping to gather the skills and knowledge to gather a group of people and implement a plan to live sustainably and open a worker owned business to support the community. I have recently completed past commitments and I am setting a goal of working on my action plan here on the web weekly and daily at home. I didn't expect your organization to fund my project, I hope to have help making my funds grow or putting my funds with someone else's to build something. I am hoping for help professionally and perhaps on a personal level on community building, problem resolution and other "personal" problems that affect community building. More skills than actual personal issues. I look forward to helping others anyway I can and also receiving help from others. Yes I will help promote the site. I will be having a life changing situation and I hope the site can help me with that. I hope for a week turn around time. Yes I think my expectations are reasonable.
What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
Contact with others of like mind.
How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
It will vary. In the past it has been daily but has reduced due to other commitments.
Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
Yes, I expect to do the bulk of the work.
Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
Yes, I will stay with The Transition, long term.
How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
You can only fund projects if the projects provide the funding in the first place until a generous benefactor comes along.
Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
I had not thought too much about this. It is for The Transition to decide what help the organization can give.
Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
I don't mind that The Transition Team takes the time to do things right.
Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable? Yes.
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
I have (at this stage) hope rather than expectations. The Transition has given us the tools. It is for us, to use them correctly.
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved