Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
I feel incredibly alone at my mission to help humanity transition to a new system. I need teamwork. I need a community of like-minded and kind-hearted individuals to understand what I am trying to do and want to help. I am feeling all alone in my efforts and that makes me fall into depression and then I can't take care of even my basic needs. I feel like this site may be the solution to all of my needs right now. So I am going to give it a chance.
Help create interdependent communities capable of escaping the deculturalization of the global corporatocracy. He need culture, we need freedom, and we need to be in tune with the the earth and our environment. Consumerism to support the unlimited accumulation of wealth for a few is going to kill us all.
Looking to possible connections to others interested in energy research.
1. Resources to achieve successful Transition in our Community from a CASH Society to one built with RBE structures. 2. Depends on future involvements… 3. I am seeking guidance, advice, and resources for our project to succeed. Our project is a venture based on collaboration. 4. We hope to create a long-term alliances, associations, and partnerships with those sharing our common values, and goals tp create a better planet for us all. 5. With shared resources possibly… 6. They are related. Peace in both to achieve freedom. 7. Yes. We are here to share in each other’s knowledge, and skills… 8. Yes. 9. Yes. 10. Yes, of course. No more than a month seems reasonable. In my own opinion of course. 11. Yes.
1. What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve? Currently, I have no feelings about your helpfulness. I judge helpfulness by outcome of interaction. 2. How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)? If the site proves to be commonly helpful, I am available daily. 3. Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play? I do not know the capacity of the Transition Team. If helpfulness isn’t available, I will continue to do the bulk of the work alone. 4. Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about? I’m interested in being part of a team who can recognize narcistic response to error which increases public risk. Transitioning ALL negligent administrative response to a response intended to provide common benefit is a priority which has been long ignored. 5. How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them? Funding is not as significant as ability to conceive highest common value. 6. Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too? Matters of administrative ethics (leadership virtue) is the focus of my interest. 7. Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings? I am open to discussion and clarification. 8. Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values? I’d like to see the site aligned with best public advantage. I promote best public advantage 100%. 9. Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way? This is an odd question. I hadn’t considered the possibility. I generally use the term “life altering” AFTER evidence of alteration. 10. With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages? I hope your team prioritizes response. Does common good occur when priority for improving team response begins to falter? 11. Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable? If you feel that any words written above are unreasonable, please do your best to ask a specific question regarding the reasoning used. Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above. Opportunity exists to establish rules of administrative law which guarantee ethical conduct without denial or restriction of liability. Can you imagine the potential benefit?
A more harmonious and equal way of life has been on my agenda for a long time. I have come across various ideas through the years such as the Venus project through Zeitgeist, and other off grid small scale communities. I would like my own personal freedom, and it would be absolutely amazing to resolve poverty on a global scale. But let's start small shall we.. The thing that always stood out the most to me with Ubuntu was the '3 hours a week' idea. Who in their right mind could argue against 3 hours a week for all their basic needs. I intend to spend a similar amount of time if possible, looking at the ideas shared on this website and this organisation. I have several ideas based around tiny homes that at some point in my life, I would do, also based around ubuntu principles, but on a much smaller scale. For example, a tiny house village that contribute 3 hours a week to food growing opportunities around the site, which is then shared with the residents. Otherwise, I am open to see what is discussed and suggested on the website in the coming days with an open mind. Things will take time to change, and I have a realistic expectation of this. But as long as we continue to take small achievable steps along the way, we will get there!
As an individual and a professional I advocate for the Transition Town model as a tool for self- organizing communities to learn by sharing their own transition plans. The end game is to mainstream the idea of self reliant communities of all size that use food, energy, and zero waste as the key element to creating and sustaining local living economies designed to preserve our greatest natural resource, the diversity of culture and language that is our greatest collective natural resource. In the wilds of Alaska, I have planted the seeds and created the foundation to build an academy to teach these skills to the over 227 rural community leaders on how aerospace is the environmental solution that will allow regular innovation to replace extraction of minerals as the economic base for the state. The Transition Town framework is the third of five steps that are intended to build a bridge for people to move from the carbon to the hydrogen economy in the span of the next decade to put our efforts on pace with rate of change. To become all that we are meant to be as a civilization all we have to do is to accept we are caterpillars and use this time to focus on our highest individual expression and become the butterflies. A species of stewards that live with this planet and not just on her. A transition to a world where environmental economics is how we profit for generations. This efforts is called The Butterfly Initiative and you can follow along on Facebook @tbiglobal
I'm hoping the site will help me fix networking issues connecting with other communities engaged in mutual aid. I cannot make a time commitment at this time. I have been doing the work daily since 2012 with a growing team, so i'm looking for support with guidance and focus. I have supported from the sidelines for years now getting actively engaged. I don't expect funding. I believe this site is engaged in both personal and interpersonal organizing. I always boost the orgs I give resources to. I'm here to help and be helped. I am engaged in altering my life actively and and seeking support in that. I'm not very concerned about suggestion turnaround, am used to volunteering in burns. I hope my expectations are reasonable, I feel they are.
1. My husband and I are starting out farm/possible intentional community on July1 2021 and I hope to use the resources here to help guide me/network during our journey. I'm looking for existing wisdom from those that came before us. 2. My amount of activity will be directly linked to the amount of benefit am receiving from thsi process. That may come either from internal inspiration or from external support or a combination of both. We will see. 3. At this point in time I'm expecting to do all the work, but am hopeful that I will naturally just find help along the way. I guess this possibly can come from a transition team, but I don't know what that looks like. I am also hopeful my vision will resonante with others as I put my energy out into the community, and we can gain momentum together. 4. Again at this point I have no idea what to expect from this site. I looked around for a while and I am not seeing very much activity. If I get nothing back I probabl won't become very involved at all. If I am seeing benefits from being involved then I may be here for a long time. What I do know if the ideas behind the purpose of creating this site seem to align with my own, and given the right connections it's possible we can connect and help each other tremendously. 5. Funding my projects?!? That would be amazing, however the experience of learning from people who have already built an intentional community/sustainable project and the people I am hoping to meet to help me with the actual build part (labor) is more important to me. What I need is knowledge and experience. I'm expecting my income to do most of the funding. 6. My transition to this lifestyle and out of the corporate world is 100% to meld my professional interests with my personal interests for a more fulfilling human experience. So for that reason your site is to help me with both since they are now one in the same. 7. I hope so. My understanding is the whole purpose is to network and learn from each other. 8. If I see movement and benefit from the site then absolutely. 9. Everything I'm doing every single day is life altering at this point. So, yes. 10. I don't have an expectation about your timing at all. 11. My expectations are more than reasonable 12. I expect the more energy I send into the universe the more energy the universe will send back.
1. Networking with individuals and groups with aligned intentions and end goals
2. This will be context dependent. Activity with the site is directly correlated with activity with the network as a whole.
3. The project does not lend itself to outsourcing as it is a formulation of a meditative framework. As such, it is constrained via its applicable communication channels and the ability to properly navigate the framework itself.
4. Investment in this organization is a natural consequence of the outcomes of meditative framework itself. It is not a matter of any personal plans specifically, but simply the next logical step of my investment into the framework.
5. Via coordination of mutual needs and building a web of trust with entities that can accommodate them
6. The two are codependent.
7. Yes. Exchange of materials is fundamental for satisfying both physical and mental health for all participants of the exchange.
8. By definition
9. In the sense that my work will have a broader context and further potential for realization.
10. Not fast, but it is possible that really good suggestions may be put on a fast track based on their merits.
11. I do.
1. I’m hoping the transition will help me put together a community that prioritizes trans and neurodivergent individuals, being trans and autistic myself. That is individuals who fall out of gender norms. This community is consistently at risk and needs to be protected and allowed to grow. 2. If this proves to be helpful I would like to be engaged everyday. 3. I plan to do a lot of the work at first, but welcome any help and guidance that can be given. 4. I want to be invested. I don’t have a ton of money, but I see a definite need. 5. I believe that with organization, funding is easy. 6. Help with professional matters would be great. And help with personal matters is welcome from other neurodivergent and Transgendered peeps. 7. Yes. I am willing to help how I can. 8. Yes. 9. I feel like I’m being guided, so really this whole process of setting up this community is life altering. 10. Not sure I am open. 11. I believe East Tennessee is ready to begin to learn about the needs of both the Trans and Neurodivergent communities. I believe it is beyond time for the Trans and Neurodivergent communities in southern Appalachia to finally feel safe.
1. I imagine The Transition will help solve the problem of how to unite a diversity of strategies that will help create an urban ecovillage. 2. I intend to be active on this site multiple times a week. 3. I expect that I and my team will be doing the work to get our project off the ground with the support of The Transition Team. 4. I expect to be involved for a long time. We will see how long internet lasts. I'll be involved longer if the organization gains some organizational traction in my town. 5. I have no expectations to receive funding for my project. That would be cool though. I imagine guidance toward effective crowd funding would be more expected. 6. I think the site will help with both professional and personal matters. 7. Yes, I am willing to be supportive as others to the degree that I feel capable. We are more effective in cooperation rather than competition. 8. Yes, I'm willing to promote the site, especially if I feel like it is supportive to my mission of ecovillagizing my town. 9. I hope this site proves to be an indispensable ally. 10. I imagine the turn around time to acknowledging and addressing the suggestion or contact to take a week or two. I imagine people volunteering at the level of administration are pretty committed to this site. At least as long as there is internet. 11. Yeah I think everything I wrote is reasonable!
1. I am joining TT to be helpful and to learn. Humanity and freedom are my passion projects. TT will bring me focus. 2. Weekly and sometimes daily. 3. I will be contributing and collaborating. 4. I want to see positive changes and I want to be a part of that. 5. Through the use of grants and fundraising. 6. My hope is the help I can receive and give will be both professional and personal. 7. Yes 8. I don't use social media to promote anything except my own yoga teaching rarely. When I am passionate and excited about something, though, you can't stop my word of mouth promoting. 9. I understand you get out what you put in. My life goal is to be spirit led and I believe that's what led me here. We shall see. I hope for everything for everyone. 10. The turnaround on corresponding rate between the teams partly is dependent upon myself so I have a pretty good feeling about it. 11. Yes
1. Personally, this may be a perfect way for me to get more productive. I am already an LGBTQ activist, but I'm also mentally ill which really hinders my productivity. I'd like to do more in my community in a way that I can digest and handle.
2. I'll definitely visit this site weekly, but if I get more invested, I'll definitely be on more than that.
3. I would like the Transition Team to help me do the bulk of the work at first. I'm a very slow worker but I do provide quality when I'm finished.
4. If things go right, I'd like to stay invested. My brain tends to go all over the place, but I want to help out in any way I can.
5. I'm not sure what project would be good for me yet.
6. I feel like this site could really help me branch out in more than just a professional way - perhaps help me branch out and get comfortable with a work environment.
7. I'm always willing to go and recieve in any way I can.
8. I'll definitely promote the website.
9. I hope this website impacts my life in a positive way.
10. I bet you'll definitely listen to any feedback given. All ideas are potential.
11. I hope my expectations are reasonable, if not we can always find a compromise.
I feel that The Transition will help to solve the issue of individuals and organizations working in silos to address the world's problems. I plan to be active daily or at minimum weekly. I plan to do the bulk of the work to get our project of the ground. I plan to stick around for quite a while. I expect funding through partnership and cross promotional efforts. I believe there's professional and personal assistance here. Always willing to contribute and receive. Always willing to promote any business or organization focused on expanding good works. I don't expect any life altering changes yet...still need to explore and learn here. I expect turn around time is 3-5 days.
1. The Transition will help me address homelessness and economic issues in Johnson City, TN in sustainable ways
2. I intend to engage on the site daily
3. I expect to do the bulk of the work to get my projects off the ground
4. I plan to be heavily invested in the transition for years to come
5. By raising funds along with the organizations I'm trying to improve
6. My professional goals are my personal goals. I want to nurture my personal development by nurturing my community's development.
7. I am willing to contribute to the give and take of this online community of movers.
8. I am willing to promote the site to fellow movers and shakers because it's the tool that I think my community needs to get our projects out of the idea stage.
9. I expect this site to accelerate my career
10. I think it's going to be a little slow at first but then it will steadily speed up
11. I feel like all of my expectations are reasonable because I am not going to set myself up for failure
12. I want to improve my community by acting as a quasi consultancy to work with local non-profits, businesses, and homeless agencies in the city to achieve their goals and accomplish projects in my interests (reducing homelessness and improving homeless prevention efforts).
I have efforts that stem with only the goal behind its intentions. We can not expect in such a chaotic universe.
1. Hoping to get the my 501 © of the ground and be able to help others 2. As often as I can at the least weekly. 3. I hoping we can share equal roles in getting it up and going 4. I’m looking to become part of the team and continue helping others as you help me 5. I’m not to sure how that works but I would apricate 6. I feel this site is here to help teams and individuals .7. yes I would give as well as receive. 8. Yes I would gladly promote this side as long as its values always stay just. 9. I’m hoping to be on a new path and helping many others. 10. I feel that turn around for this site is very well passed for its size. 11. Yes I find that all I have stated is very reasonable.
1. More ability with public conflict avoidance and peaceful resolution. 2. Daily, then weekly as it gets more demanding. 3. It depends on what the "work" entails. 4. Cannot predict if i will like this or if y'all will like me, so i don't know. 5. Funding projects are for those who want projects to succeed. I do not know what projects you mean. 6. Ideally both, but again, i have no idea as i have not read all of your lengthy website yet. 7. Do you mean time, money, or wisdom? 8. I always promote what i like when able and appropriate. When i love it, even more so. 9. Expect it, no. Hope so, yes. 10. My guess is that a lean and efficient organization can respond within 2 working days. 11. Yes as i am very reasonable.
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved