Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
1. The Transition will help me address homelessness and economic issues in Johnson City, TN in sustainable ways
2. I intend to engage on the site daily
3. I expect to do the bulk of the work to get my projects off the ground
4. I plan to be heavily invested in the transition for years to come
5. By raising funds along with the organizations I'm trying to improve
6. My professional goals are my personal goals. I want to nurture my personal development by nurturing my community's development.
7. I am willing to contribute to the give and take of this online community of movers.
8. I am willing to promote the site to fellow movers and shakers because it's the tool that I think my community needs to get our projects out of the idea stage.
9. I expect this site to accelerate my career
10. I think it's going to be a little slow at first but then it will steadily speed up
11. I feel like all of my expectations are reasonable because I am not going to set myself up for failure
12. I want to improve my community by acting as a quasi consultancy to work with local non-profits, businesses, and homeless agencies in the city to achieve their goals and accomplish projects in my interests (reducing homelessness and improving homeless prevention efforts).
1. getting involved with your org. forces me to fully explain to somebody “in the field”, as it were (the field of “Planet Healing”?, i heard it refered that way once) my complex vision of possible change... that is my primary goal met, right there... let’s do this, bring it, lol... 2. Daily, is my honest guestimate at this point. 3. i expect to do all the work, i guess 4. i HOPE to work with what you do and represent at least until we heal this damn planet! (after maybe we can just stay friends? lol) 5. at this point i’m not looking for funding. 6. in my world those do not distinguish so readily, but i expect your site might welcome whatever stays relevant to the current focus. 7. absolutely, love to share and to learn and explore 8. for sure i’ll help, maties... yarrr 9. it seems to want to go there, perhaps... i expect this whole year to be life altering in the sense that i intend to do my best to activate or release my vision... and if your group can help me get started and perhaps even gather a bit of traction... shazam, life altered. Do i expect this? hmmm. . . . YES ! yes i do :) 10. i think maybe a week might be reasonable, less would be better obviously... 3 days might be optimal, if 1 day creates too much stress... and “variable within a week depending on work load” would also be just fine... if it’s reliable, i would have patience for whatever. 11. what? i should go back and read? i trust myself the first time... i’m reasonable, i did my best...yes they’re reasonable (but please let me know otherwise)
1. I hope to get more involved in alternative economic systems and meet people who may be interested in joining the commune we are starting. 2. I don't know yet how active I will be. I could make time daily. 3. I don't expect anyone to do my work for me. Ideally I will contribute more than I take. 4. I hope this will be a long term relationship. 5. I don't have any expectations about funding from The Transition but it would be wonderful to find help with fundraising needs. 6. Personal development is very important to me, but I'm here more for help developing the community. 7. Yes!! 8. Sure. 9. I hope so, and I imagine that would happen through personal friendships. 10. I've been getting responses in a few days time. So far it's been all Nicole! Is there anyone else? 11. I have hopes more than expectations. I definitely don't expect to get more than I give.
I want to be more active with the transition... i have found some land.. just got moved on it a couple of weeks ago... I want to participate more
1. Hoping to get the my 501 © of the ground and be able to help others 2. As often as I can at the least weekly. 3. I hoping we can share equal roles in getting it up and going 4. I’m looking to become part of the team and continue helping others as you help me 5. I’m not to sure how that works but I would apricate 6. I feel this site is here to help teams and individuals .7. yes I would give as well as receive. 8. Yes I would gladly promote this side as long as its values always stay just. 9. I’m hoping to be on a new path and helping many others. 10. I feel that turn around for this site is very well passed for its size. 11. Yes I find that all I have stated is very reasonable.
I hope this site will help provide a platform to co-create local, sustainable communities, serving as models and educational facilities. I hope to meet likeminded people in my corner of the world, and start an Ecovilage just north of Maynooth, Ontario, Canada. I have 43 acres of healthy, forested land that can support at least 20-50 people sustainably with a large nature reserve left virtually untouched. I have hard time with computers, websites and office stuff, but I’m quite skilled in permaculture and construction, with such specializations as LED lighting, landscaping, masonry, metal work, edible gardens and sustainable forest management. I believe that people of all ages and walks of life have something to contribute in a true community setting. My son is 6 now and I’m not planing to completely move to the land for another 10 years or so, but that never stoped me from planing, building and organizing there.
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved