Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
Dmitri Shaffer’s Expectations
I hope this site will help provide a platform to co-create local, sustainable communities, serving as models and educational facilities. I hope to meet likeminded people in my corner of the world, and start an Ecovilage just north of Maynooth, Ontario, Canada. I have 43 acres of healthy, forested land that can support at least 20-50 people sustainably with a large nature reserve left virtually untouched. I have hard time with computers, websites and office stuff, but I’m quite skilled in permaculture and construction, with such specializations as LED lighting, landscaping, masonry, metal work, edible gardens and sustainable forest management. I believe that people of all ages and walks of life have something to contribute in a true community setting. My son is 6 now and I’m not planing to completely move to the land for another 10 years or so, but that never stoped me from planing, building and organizing there.
1. I hope to get more involved in alternative economic systems and meet people who may be interested in joining the commune we are starting. 2. I don't know yet how active I will be. I could make time daily. 3. I don't expect anyone to do my work for me. Ideally I will contribute more than I take. 4. I hope this will be a long term relationship. 5. I don't have any expectations about funding from The Transition but it would be wonderful to find help with fundraising needs. 6. Personal development is very important to me, but I'm here more for help developing the community. 7. Yes!! 8. Sure. 9. I hope so, and I imagine that would happen through personal friendships. 10. I've been getting responses in a few days time. So far it's been all Nicole! Is there anyone else? 11. I have hopes more than expectations. I definitely don't expect to get more than I give.
I been here in the transition for awhile now..
I want to be more active with the transition... i have found some land.. just got moved on it a couple of weeks ago... I want to participate more
I do not have new expectations, I'm keeping an open mind!
1. I feel like your organization can help navigate the many pitfalls that can plague starting a New Paradigm. To shift away from the old paradigm, reevaluating old belief systems, patterns, and changing them requires much work, more than what others expect. I hope this comprehensive process can show unique ways to ease the transition. 2. I plan to check/work daily, at the worst, weekly. 3. I'm confused with the question but I will answer this: I expect to give my all in my areas of expertise and providing as much as I can to help the Transition. I expect the Transition to help in areas that I have no knowledge or to provide unique connection, solutions, or examples of how to help achieve a more sustainable world. 4. I expect to be a team player for many years if it helps others see and act towards creating a better future. 5. I expect that most of projects started have to have grassroots beginnings where a few people share what that they can and see where the missing resources are to start small-scale projects that are profitable enough to expand the existing project or create another similarly profitable project. I do not know the funding system of the Transition but I would not ask for funding unless I had a plan that was well-developed by members of the Transition. 7. I expect this site to help both professionally and personally, whether it be connecting business connections towards creating sustainable businesses/projects, or leading to gurus/ceremonies, or healers that have solutions to emotional, physical, or spiritual problems. 8. Yes of course. 9. I am always altering my behaviors, mindset, and activities to align with the path of least harm but with the most amount postive transformation. I see the Transition aligned with this goal so yes. 10. I dunno, I expect a waiting time of around a week. 11. I do feel like it is reasonable, maybe slightly ambitious, but I'm easy-going so I keep my expectations pretty wide.
John Hassell's expectaions
1. Hoping to get the my 501 © of the ground and be able to help others 2. As often as I can at the least weekly. 3. I hoping we can share equal roles in getting it up and going 4. I’m looking to become part of the team and continue helping others as you help me 5. I’m not to sure how that works but I would apricate 6. I feel this site is here to help teams and individuals .7. yes I would give as well as receive. 8. Yes I would gladly promote this side as long as its values always stay just. 9. I’m hoping to be on a new path and helping many others. 10. I feel that turn around for this site is very well passed for its size. 11. Yes I find that all I have stated is very reasonable.
Millie Holliday's Expectations
1. The Transition will help me address homelessness and economic issues in Johnson City, TN in sustainable ways
2. I intend to engage on the site daily
3. I expect to do the bulk of the work to get my projects off the ground
4. I plan to be heavily invested in the transition for years to come
5. By raising funds along with the organizations I'm trying to improve
6. My professional goals are my personal goals. I want to nurture my personal development by nurturing my community's development.
7. I am willing to contribute to the give and take of this online community of movers.
8. I am willing to promote the site to fellow movers and shakers because it's the tool that I think my community needs to get our projects out of the idea stage.
9. I expect this site to accelerate my career
10. I think it's going to be a little slow at first but then it will steadily speed up
11. I feel like all of my expectations are reasonable because I am not going to set myself up for failure
12. I want to improve my community by acting as a quasi consultancy to work with local non-profits, businesses, and homeless agencies in the city to achieve their goals and accomplish projects in my interests (reducing homelessness and improving homeless prevention efforts).
1. Personally, this may be a perfect way for me to get more productive. I am already an LGBTQ activist, but I'm also mentally ill which really hinders my productivity. I'd like to do more in my community in a way that I can digest and handle.
2. I'll definitely visit this site weekly, but if I get more invested, I'll definitely be on more than that.
3. I would like the Transition Team to help me do the bulk of the work at first. I'm a very slow worker but I do provide quality when I'm finished.
4. If things go right, I'd like to stay invested. My brain tends to go all over the place, but I want to help out in any way I can.
5. I'm not sure what project would be good for me yet.
6. I feel like this site could really help me branch out in more than just a professional way - perhaps help me branch out and get comfortable with a work environment.
7. I'm always willing to go and recieve in any way I can.
8. I'll definitely promote the website.
9. I hope this website impacts my life in a positive way.
10. I bet you'll definitely listen to any feedback given. All ideas are potential.
11. I hope my expectations are reasonable, if not we can always find a compromise.
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved