Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
I came across Transition while investigation Transition Town. The home page rang true for me - in that by providing better options, we can change the world. So, I'm not looking for help to solve problems, but am looking for a way to contribute to the vision. I intend to be involved daily, at least to start, while I work on my action plan. I have no issues with doing the bulk of the work on a project. I originally registered to get more information on contributing. I guess we will see where it goes from here! I don't expect funding for projects. I would love to be able to contribute my skills to others. Yes, from what I have seen so far, I would be willing to promote this site. I don't know if it will be "life-altering", but I sure hope it will be! No specific turn around time expected. Yes, I feel my expectations are reasonable.
2. monthly, 3. Collaborating is the only way we can Transition, 4. Yes, I am very invested although I spend little time here, 5. My organization has self funding, 6. I want this site to help mostly with catalyzing a paradigm shift, 7. I am a fully committed Gifter 8. Yes, raising awareness about solutions is how we change the world, 9. My life is changing every year, 10. You seem pretty fast at responding. 11. Yes.
1. getting involved with your org. forces me to fully explain to somebody “in the field”, as it were (the field of “Planet Healing”?, i heard it refered that way once) my complex vision of possible change... that is my primary goal met, right there... let’s do this, bring it, lol... 2. Daily, is my honest guestimate at this point. 3. i expect to do all the work, i guess 4. i HOPE to work with what you do and represent at least until we heal this damn planet! (after maybe we can just stay friends? lol) 5. at this point i’m not looking for funding. 6. in my world those do not distinguish so readily, but i expect your site might welcome whatever stays relevant to the current focus. 7. absolutely, love to share and to learn and explore 8. for sure i’ll help, maties... yarrr 9. it seems to want to go there, perhaps... i expect this whole year to be life altering in the sense that i intend to do my best to activate or release my vision... and if your group can help me get started and perhaps even gather a bit of traction... shazam, life altered. Do i expect this? hmmm. . . . YES ! yes i do :) 10. i think maybe a week might be reasonable, less would be better obviously... 3 days might be optimal, if 1 day creates too much stress... and “variable within a week depending on work load” would also be just fine... if it’s reliable, i would have patience for whatever. 11. what? i should go back and read? i trust myself the first time... i’m reasonable, i did my best...yes they’re reasonable (but please let me know otherwise)
1. It is my interest to work towards the establishment of a resource-based paradigm in which human development is driven beyond avarice and infantile greed to promote the advancement of civilization as is necessary in keeping with the needs of the presently living population and posterity such as expanding our social and civil infrastructure to assure universal access to food, water, housing, medical care and open communications, including achievements necessary to the survival of the species, such as the establishment of human habitats in the deep sea, in deep space and on other worlds. For such projects to be driven forward without being hoarded, sidetracked, retarded or disestablished in the interest of private greed, they must be undertaken by workers, engineers, researchers and explorers dedicated to the advancement and quality life of all people and all living things. To these ends, I believe that organizations such as this serve a greater purpose in resolving the problems faced by humanity and by an overcrowded, over-polluted and strangulated Earth. 2. If there are projects being actively undertaken to this end or people organizing towards the undertaking of such projects in the public interest, I will be active herein daily, or at the very least several times a week, in coordinating to put 40+ hours a week of effort into advancing these goals. 3. Experience has taught me that the bulk of the work in getting any project off of the ground has been my responsibility, however, I look greatly forward to meeting and coordinating with other motivated individuals willing to put an equal, mutual cooperative effort into advancing such goals towards the same ends, and I am more than willing to work as a part of any team presently engaged in such endeavors. 4. I am invested in the organization in that I know some of the people involved in establishing this group and this platform. I am dedicated to the same goals, and my participation can be expected to last for as long as I am mentally and physically fit for duty. 5. Matters of funding will depend on a particular project. For example, if I was to launch a specific public works, research or exploratory project in the immediate future, I would expect that the purposes of such a project as well as of this organization would most immediately be served by incorporating a non-profit organization dedicated to that project, for a pre-determined period of time or indefinitely, depending on the circumstances of the particular project, so that other organizations and individuals with a shared interest would be able to contribute to the capital necessary to such an undertaking, under the present paradigm, without being further taxed for their contribution. Efforts to these ends would be well-assisted with information, streamlining or capital designated for the purpose of providing such an incorporation framework. Any other assistance which can be offered, such as in organizing to partner with other organizations which can back the expense and labor of such a project (perhaps organizations such as the Corporation for National and Community Service/Americorps/Vista) would also be of great benefit in getting projects started, and seeing them through to completion. 6. I have no opinion on the question of professional and personal matters, the two are very much interconnected in that we will be getting nothing accomplished if the needs of the workers are not met, yet it is very easy for a team to turn into a constant 24/7 social club or a group counseling session, if constant distraction from the goals of the project is to be expected, thus I would consider such a team to be balanced in it's work, between seeing to the welfare of the collective as well as focusing on setting clear goals and timelines for the accomplishment of the work at hand, and sticking to them. 7. I am willing to do whatever I can to advance the projects being undertaken, and I expect it to be a cooperative effort, so yes. 8. I am willing to help with promoting the site and the organization as long as I feel that it is in alignment with my personal values. 9. I expect my involvement in any project or organization to be life altering in several ways...most notably, in the amount of free time that I have available to dedicate to other projects. 10. I have no idea how fast the turn around time for suggestions and contacts will be, I expect that it will be entirely dependent and variable based upon the size and availability of the volunteer staff dedicated to reviewing and responding to such matters. 11. I feel that my expectations are reasonable, and if they're not, I hope that someone will point out where I am in error.
1. I am hoping for guidance in building an arts-centered community. 2. Not sure. 3. I am happy to do the bulk of the work. 4. Depends on how it goes. 5. I'm not expecting The Transition to fund my project, but if I do need funding for part of it I hope The Transition can connect me with others who want to see what I'm doing succeed. 6. The professional should be personal. 7. Absolutely. 8. Yes. 9. I hope so. 10. Not sure. 11. Yes.
I was expecting more communication available with other people like me. Also, there is a lot of talk about the plan, but how it all could be done? Suggest taking a look at a simple project like precious plastic which includes BuddyPress so people could communicate. This platform looks over complicated and based only on talks.
1. I imagine The Transition will help solve the problem of how to unite a diversity of strategies that will help create an urban ecovillage. 2. I intend to be active on this site multiple times a week. 3. I expect that I and my team will be doing the work to get our project off the ground with the support of The Transition Team. 4. I expect to be involved for a long time. We will see how long internet lasts. I'll be involved longer if the organization gains some organizational traction in my town. 5. I have no expectations to receive funding for my project. That would be cool though. I imagine guidance toward effective crowd funding would be more expected. 6. I think the site will help with both professional and personal matters. 7. Yes, I am willing to be supportive as others to the degree that I feel capable. We are more effective in cooperation rather than competition. 8. Yes, I'm willing to promote the site, especially if I feel like it is supportive to my mission of ecovillagizing my town. 9. I hope this site proves to be an indispensable ally. 10. I imagine the turn around time to acknowledging and addressing the suggestion or contact to take a week or two. I imagine people volunteering at the level of administration are pretty committed to this site. At least as long as there is internet. 11. Yeah I think everything I wrote is reasonable!
1. Finding critical mass for my projects 2. Probably monthly 3. I already do all the work 4. Yes 5. Possibly crowdfunding or maybe finding a developer willing to volunteer or work for equity 6. Probably both 7.Yes 8.Yes 9. Probably, though every day is life altering when you are present and in your passion. 10. a few weeks 11.Yes
1. Not sure; mostly been along to contribute & see where this all goes. But I do have a passion for sustainability & other mechanisms of economy/commerce, and ideas around those. Maybe one day they’ll be high enough on the priority list to put into effect & look for help here. Or I’ll find someone equally excited & we’ll collaborate it out! 2. Weekly 3. I expect to, to hire out, or to find partners in collaboration (possibly including the TT Team). 4. A long time. 5. Donations at first, hopefully quickly to larger ones from some passionate more-abundant members. Then eventually a self-sustainable method thru creating your own valuable assets & income sharing with the groups you help here. 6. I had only ever really figured professional…but I could imagine both! 7. Yes! 8. Yes! 9. Yes! It already has been with NVC. 10. On the level of days, depending on the feedback’s volume, until the user base becomes much bigger (and hopefully the team stops being obligate volunteers). 11. Yes.
1_ To make life free and solve the problems of global humanitarian peace and provide needs 2_ Due to my circumstances I will participate at least initially monthly 3_ I expect that my project on the ground will be part of the movement of change itself .. Because there is no separation 4_ Yes Certainly I registered on the site to join and participate in Change and not just knowledge of the site 5_ Support all forms of change and participants such me to succeed the movement of change and succeed everyone 6_ Yes .. We are supposed to be one new community and help me so I can help also better 7_ Yes 8_ Yes 9_ Yes 10 _ I feel that your role is good and reasonable 11_ Yeah
�1. I feel you may help me solve the problem of not having a centralized platform for mass co-creation based around sustainability and regeneration of the planet. 2. I intend to use this site as often as needed, which may vary with time. 3. I have no issue doing the bulk of the work for my projects. Any resources to help found within the network is greatly appreciated. 4. I would like to be as involved as I possibly can if the project keeps moving in the right direction. 5. I would envision a collective pool of resources for funding projects, with some way of regenerating resources used for start ups. Will be curious to see how it plays out. 6.Most of my professional matters are personal matters, as my profession is the stewardship of life... 7. Certainly. I will happily participate in an ebb and flow of energy based around mutual support. 8. As long as everything is in alignment I have no problem promoting the site. 9. I am not sure. We shall see what time tells... 10.I would not expect it to be immediate. A few days to a week is reasonable, yet that is subject to volume and understandable variability. 11. I feel they are within reason.
I expect to learn a good way to network with others that share my vision of what our planet should be like. I expect that someone(s) somewhere will help me find a way to convert our bus into an electric vehicle so we can stop using gasoline for fuel. I expect myself to access this site at least once a week to keep current with both my goals and The Transition's goals. I expect that my partner and I will work physically to achieve our goal of being non-polluters. I expect to use this network on a long-term basis. I can only assume that if The Transition helps us obtain an electric motor for our bus that cash contributions and networking with other members is how that will be accomplished. I have no professional capacity to improve unless it's my renown as an unpaid writer, and not being a constant source of pollution would improve my daily outlook on life. I have a few skills that could be of use, somewhere, I'm sure, and my partner is a certified small engine mechanic and very talented with older vehicles. We own our own tools, and would gladly volunteer our labor, tools and/or knowledge to any transition member. I can't imagine turning any other's assistance down. I agree with all I've read about your goals, and would gladly promote The Transition any way I have available. I have some experience with volunteerism and realize sometimes you have to wait a bit for responses from an all-volunteer organization. I want to live harmoniously with people and the planet and I expect The Transition will help me learn how best to accomplish that.
1. Providing tools and resources to assist with developing a free collaboration network in my local community 2. I will be checking in daily if possible 3. I would be happy to complete the bulk of the work on the ground in my community! I am already volunteering for the Green Party but I really believe I can be doing much more outside the bureaucracy of the classical political system 4. I have spent the majority of my life dedicated to the same mission, values, and vision that The Transition supports! I do not plan to stop my efforts towards transitioning to a more peaceful, just, and ecologically sustainable society anytime soon. 5. I'm not entirely sure! I was first referred to this site when looking for videos/pamphlets to share which would not require funding! I would hope that a network of like-minded members of the Transition would be able to financially support potential projects if it is needed but for the most part, I expect to be involved in projects that do not require much funding at all. 6. I feel that this site has resources to help in all areas of my life! I have a job environment which would most likely not be very receptive to the ideas promoted by the Transition (I work for an insurance company) but that never stops me from trying to plant the seeds! Educational resources such as posters and videos would be extremely helpful in getting the word out to both my colleagues and friends/family. 7. Yes, I'd be more than happy to give to those who need and receive when I am in a position of need myself. 8. I would be happy to promote the site! I never hesitate to share with my online and in person community. 9. I guess that would depend on the definition of "life altering". I'm not sure that the use of this site would qualify, though I will say that the reason I am here is because of other majorly "life altering" ideas that led me to the train of thought behind uplifting all human beings and bringing us back into balance with nature. 10. I have absolutely no expectations for the turn around time after contacting you, although if you would like assistance in that area once I have been authorized (I believe that is after phase II?) I'd be happy to help! I've been doing customer service for years now and I'm sure I would be of great help in answering emails etc 11. I believe my expectations for the Transition are reasonable :)
1. Learning more about other ICs and living in ICs and visiting other ICs 2. I may not be very active, don't know yet. 3. I don't have a specific project, I am more exploring The Transition to learn more. 4. It's too soon to tell how long I'll be active, I am just exploring right now. 5. I have heard that The Transition does fundraisers such as crowdsourcing and is also in communication with ICs about funds. 6. From what I have learned so far it seems to be offering help with personal as well as professional matters. 7. I enjoy cooperation and reciprocation. If I were interested in and committed to doing more I would certainly consider what I had to give to others. 8. I don't have any skill or experience in promoting, so I would likely be unable to help with outreach. 9. I don't have expectations about this yet. I feel it's too soon to tell if my life will be changed by this. 10. Not sure yet what kind of turnaround time to expect from Suggestions Box, but I don't expect this to be an issue in any way. 11. I feel all of the above expectations i have provided are reasonable.
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved