Philip Albin tagged skills database search function with important 2022-11-21 12:35:37 -0600 on November 21, 2022 at 12:35 PM (CST)
https://www.thetransition.org/member_skills I think there needs to be a way to search for keywords in the skills database. I was wondering if there are any TT users who speak Korean; there should be somewhere where I can type the word Korean to search the database rather than manually looking through the pages.
Philip Albin donated 2023-06-13 05:45:15 -0500 on June 13, 2023 at 05:45 AM (CDT)
You know that for a moneyless world tomorrow we have to chip in today to make it happen. Your small contribution helps maintain the site as well as fund co-op projects and expansion all over the world. Your $5.00 Contributorship dues are vital to sustaining The Transition and expanding its activities in The Transition Inter- Community Network. With a click of the button your Contributorship instantly goes to:
- Technology: Servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development & other operating expenses.
- Subsidize free events:special programming ranging from movie screenings to potlucks.
- People and Projects: The top websites on the internet have thousands of employees. We have a small team to support a wide variety of projects, making your Contributorship and additional donations a great investment in a highly-efficient organization.
We can only accomplish our goals because of Contributors like YOU!
Philip Albin published Philip Andre Albin's Expectations in Site Expectations 2022-10-11 20:37:06 -0500 on October 11, 2022 at 08:37 PM (CDT)
1. What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve? I have been working mostly by myself on a project which I care about very much and which I am continuing to develop. I'm hoping to learn from TT how to get my project to be long-term sustainable and how to share it with other people. 2. How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)? Daily! 3. Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play? I will do what's needed if I am capable of doing it. The roles I am hoping will be played by TT in my project are more about education and networking. 4. Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about? I can see myself staying involved with TT for a long time. 5. How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them? I don't know. 6. Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too? Every aspect of life is connected to every other aspect, I believe. I feel this site will help with my overall development as a being. 7. Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings? Yeah sure, I can give as well as receive. I am quite infatuated with my own project that I’m working on, but I know that I can’t exclusively focus on it all day every day forever. Even though I really love it, I need to do other things too. I think I could find it a lot of fun to help others with their projects. I would learn about and gain experience with important things that I wouldn’t necessarily have pursued on my own and have a more balanced life that way. I would want to keep my own project as my highest priority, though. 8. Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values? Perhaps! 9. Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way? Yes. This is not the first account I've made on this website. I went partway through the action plan years ago, and I felt transformed by doing so at that time. Being back now, I fully expect to evolve from it even more. 10. With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages? I don't really know. I’m sure it depends on a lot of different factors in the lives of the people who are on the receiving end of those portals and will vary to some degree. 11. Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable? I don't know, I hope so!
Philip Albin tagged Get Off Your "Buts" addition with thank you i am satisfied with the transition team's response! 2019-02-10 01:22:08 -0600 on February 10, 2019 at 01:22 AM (CST)
I think my biggest "but" was something like "but I don't even know what I want out of life. I don't know where I'm going or even where I want to/should be going. I don't have clarity. I have a vague idea of what I want my life to look like but I don't know how to clearly define my goal." Doing the Passion Principles exercise on nicolebienfang.com helped me with this. I now have clarity that my goal/destination is to create a life for myself in which I am living/realizing my passion principles that I discovered from doing that exercise. Thank you Nicole.Official response from Nicole Bienfang planned
Philip Albin published Site Expectations in Site Expectations 2019-01-01 00:09:29 -0600 on January 01, 2019 at 12:09 AM (CST)
1 My inner vision of how beautiful and wonderful life on Earth can potentially be is not congruent with the reality of my current day to day experience. 2 I intend to use the site daily or as often as it makes sense to use it. (I intend to be working at my action plan daily or close to it. If at some point I am doing a step on my action plan that has me doing something in the real world I might not actually come onto the website if it isn’t required for the work I’m doing at that time.) 3 I expect to have a reciprocal relationship with The Transition in which I am doing plenty of work to start/develop/maintain my projects as part of the TT network and you will be helping me with guidance, encouragement, fellowship and support. 4 As long as you are here for me I want to be here for you. I feel that it is my divine duty to act as a guardian/steward to life and Earth and it seems like TT is going to be a lot of help in empowering me in my mission and aligning me with people with the same aim. So yes I do see myself being very actively involved for a long time. 5 Funds contributed from monthly donations and income generated by hybrid co-op businesses? and well to be honest I don’t know how realistic this is, but I imagine that I will be able to start small with my project, keep costs relatively low in the initial stages and turn a small profit to progressively save up and expand as more resources become available. I don’t know the practical details about how the funds will be generated but I am very hopeful that with your guidance and my willingness to put in my “sweat equity” my visions will manifest. 6 I feel that all matters in life are connected to each other and the site is touching every area of my life in a transformative way. 7 Yes 8 Yes, once I know more about it. I would want to be pretty confident with the concepts and info before trying to teach other people about it. 9 Life is ever-changing and every experience I’ve had has been life-altering. So yes I expect using the site will aid in my continued growth and transformation. 10 I don’t know. I’m sure it will depend on the humans on the other side of the webforms, how they are feeling on that day, what needs of theirs are or aren’t being fulfilled and to what degree, what kind other obligations they have in their day-to-day lives, etc. I imagine most queries would be addressed within a few days 11 Isn't “reasonable” an evaluation according to NVC? Haha. But to be honest I really don’t know. I don’t pretend to have a completely clear picture of how the transition is going to happen and what it’s going to take. some other expectations I want to share.. I expect that I will be amazed and inspired countless times by the people working and growing alongside me and that I will also amaze and inspire others. I expect that we will face some difficulties and that at times circumstances may appear bleak. I expect I will find financial freedom and ultimate fulfillment. I expect that I will develop some incredible friendships. I expect that we will be successful in manifesting Heaven on Earth. I expect I will continue evolving into an ever more beautiful being and learn to provide ever greater value to the beings of the cosmos.
Philip Albin endorsed 2018-04-13 01:01:23 -0500 on April 13, 2018 at 01:01 AM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Philip Albin published Please fill out this field. ok in Site Expectations 2018-02-12 13:15:02 -0600 on February 12, 2018 at 01:15 PM (CST)
1 I am looking to join an ecovillage or intentional community at some point and am hoping this site will help me discover opportunities to do so 2 I don't know 3. If I can find a project to join that's already off the ground and that I can really get behind, great. If not, I am expecting to do whatever is necessary to organize a new project and get it going. 4. I don't know 5. I don't 6. everything is interconnected, I don't know how to answer this question 7. Yes 8. yes 9. yes, every experience is life altering 10. I have no idea 11. I don't really have any expectations, so yes
Philip Albin published Suggestion: fix broken links in Suggestion Box 2018-01-10 09:26:26 -0600 on January 10, 2018 at 09:26 AM (CST)
especially on the Our Trust page the links in the Res section either lead to nothing or just cause me to be logged out when I click it. I have had this happen with some links on other parts of the site as well. http://www.thetransition.org/our_trustOfficial response from Nicole Bienfang completed
When suggesting we fix broken links it is important to provide the direct page you were on and inform us what hyperlinked word or phase is not working. In regards to the Our Trust page those are not broken links. Those are links you are unable to access because you have not advanced through Your Action Plan and or have not become a Contributor.
Philip Albin tagged Léo Caussan's Travel consistency with good 2018-01-10 09:19:00 -0600 on January 10, 2018 at 09:19 AM (CST)
When I click on a link while not connected, it asks me to sign in. When I sign in, it should then bring me to to the page I clicked on in the first time instead of the home page.Official response from Jon Norcross started
This is a known issue with Nationbuilder. We have filed a defect which can be found here: http://nationbuilder.com/441941/bug_signing_in_brings_the_user_to_last_page_they_signed_out_from
Philip Albin - [email protected]
I support The Transition because: I selfishly want to live in a world of sharing and abundance free from slavery and violence so I am working to create that world.
I am happiest when I'm: surrounded by lush green trees in a comfortable peaceful environment.
People see me as: I don't know.
I want to help because: I've had experiences where I could clearly see that "I" do not exist, that everything is one. I selfishly want to make the lives of "others" more pleasant because I believe that they are me in another life. I've been very blessed/fortunate with what I've received in this life and I see it as my responsibility to use what I've been gifted to make life better for the other fragments of myself.
My philosophy on life is: It's an infinite magical mystery.
I aspire to become part of an intentional community or eco-village that is located somewhere tropical. I dream of being able to live somewhere where I can exist in peace and connect with nature, not having to deal with the monetary system or any form of bureaucratic bullshit and being engaged doing fulfilling work that helps people.