Bonnie Hagood posted about Site Expectations on Facebook 2018-06-15 11:28:47 -0500 on June 15, 2018 at 11:28 AM (CDT)If you care at all about improving yourself, your society or your planet, you should join The Transition!
Share with us what your expectations are of using the site. Please do your best to answer the questions below as well as provide any other expectations that come to mind.
- What problems do you feel we will help you solve or resolve?
- How active do you intend to be with the site (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)?
- Do you expect to do the bulk of the work to get your project off the ground, or do you feel that's the role you want our Transition Team to play?
- Do you plan to be very invested in our organization and stay with us for a long time (maybe even years) or are you registered on the site just to see what it's about?
- How do you expect our organization to fund projects (like yours) in order to launch them?
- Do you feel our site is meant to help you solely with professional matters or personal ones too?
- Are you willing to contribute and give to others registered on the site as well as receive and take their offerings?
- Are you willing to help with promoting the site as long as you feel it is in alignment with your personal values?
- Do you expect your use of this site to be "life altering" in any way?
- With the knowledge that we are run by a small and 100% volunteer run team, how fast do you feel our turn around time will be for any things entered into the Suggestion Box or sent to us via the Contact Us pages?
- Do you feel all of the above expectations you have provided are reasonable?
Feel free to write any additional expectations that were not prompted at the close of your answers to the questions above.
As the title of your submission please type your FULL NAME followed by the word EXPECTATION.
Example: Joan Smith's Expectations
Bonnie Hagood published Expectations of joining The Transition in Site Expectations 2018-06-15 11:26:48 -0500 on June 15, 2018 at 11:26 AM (CDT)
I expect to learn a good way to network with others that share my vision of what our planet should be like. I expect that someone(s) somewhere will help me find a way to convert our bus into an electric vehicle so we can stop using gasoline for fuel. I expect myself to access this site at least once a week to keep current with both my goals and The Transition's goals. I expect that my partner and I will work physically to achieve our goal of being non-polluters. I expect to use this network on a long-term basis. I can only assume that if The Transition helps us obtain an electric motor for our bus that cash contributions and networking with other members is how that will be accomplished. I have no professional capacity to improve unless it's my renown as an unpaid writer, and not being a constant source of pollution would improve my daily outlook on life. I have a few skills that could be of use, somewhere, I'm sure, and my partner is a certified small engine mechanic and very talented with older vehicles. We own our own tools, and would gladly volunteer our labor, tools and/or knowledge to any transition member. I can't imagine turning any other's assistance down. I agree with all I've read about your goals, and would gladly promote The Transition any way I have available. I have some experience with volunteerism and realize sometimes you have to wait a bit for responses from an all-volunteer organization. I want to live harmoniously with people and the planet and I expect The Transition will help me learn how best to accomplish that.
Bonnie Hagood commented on Set Your Intention- Step 1 2018-06-15 10:42:18 -0500 on June 15, 2018 at 10:42 AM (CDT)I’m here because I believe the best way to live as human beings is in a caring society, where skills, knowledge, and empathy are valued over cash and greed, in harmony with our planet. As I am unable to contribute cash, I am offering to contribute my time to promoting The Transition and helping people understand that there are alternatives to living that promote the health of society and the valuation of all people’s individual talents and needs.
Bonnie Hagood endorsed via Karen Fischbach 2016-11-24 09:59:18 -0600 on November 24, 2016 at 09:59 AM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Willing but unsure - [email protected]
I believe our economic and social systems are in dire need of change, I'm willing to do what I can to help change it.