Will Mayo published Expectations - Will M. in Site Expectations 2018-05-11 15:28:11 -0500 on May 11, 2018 at 03:28 PM (CDT)
1. Providing tools and resources to assist with developing a free collaboration network in my local community 2. I will be checking in daily if possible 3. I would be happy to complete the bulk of the work on the ground in my community! I am already volunteering for the Green Party but I really believe I can be doing much more outside the bureaucracy of the classical political system 4. I have spent the majority of my life dedicated to the same mission, values, and vision that The Transition supports! I do not plan to stop my efforts towards transitioning to a more peaceful, just, and ecologically sustainable society anytime soon. 5. I'm not entirely sure! I was first referred to this site when looking for videos/pamphlets to share which would not require funding! I would hope that a network of like-minded members of the Transition would be able to financially support potential projects if it is needed but for the most part, I expect to be involved in projects that do not require much funding at all. 6. I feel that this site has resources to help in all areas of my life! I have a job environment which would most likely not be very receptive to the ideas promoted by the Transition (I work for an insurance company) but that never stops me from trying to plant the seeds! Educational resources such as posters and videos would be extremely helpful in getting the word out to both my colleagues and friends/family. 7. Yes, I'd be more than happy to give to those who need and receive when I am in a position of need myself. 8. I would be happy to promote the site! I never hesitate to share with my online and in person community. 9. I guess that would depend on the definition of "life altering". I'm not sure that the use of this site would qualify, though I will say that the reason I am here is because of other majorly "life altering" ideas that led me to the train of thought behind uplifting all human beings and bringing us back into balance with nature. 10. I have absolutely no expectations for the turn around time after contacting you, although if you would like assistance in that area once I have been authorized (I believe that is after phase II?) I'd be happy to help! I've been doing customer service for years now and I'm sure I would be of great help in answering emails etc 11. I believe my expectations for the Transition are reasonable :)
Will Mayo endorsed 2018-05-11 14:06:36 -0500 on May 11, 2018 at 02:06 PM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)