Ivy Bickl published Help with organizing our eco village in Site Expectations 2018-11-19 10:14:02 -0600 on November 19, 2018 at 10:14 AM (CST)
Ivy Bickl endorsed 2018-11-19 10:02:41 -0600 on November 19, 2018 at 10:02 AM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Ivy Bickl posted about How Resilient Are You? on Facebook 2016-12-05 15:46:20 -0600 on December 05, 2016 at 03:46 PM (CST)Take the survey: How Resilient Are You?
Wanderers End Sanctuary endorsed 2016-11-22 06:53:15 -0600 on November 22, 2016 at 06:53 AM (CST)We believe that all of humankind are the Earth’s stewards.
We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion.
We affirm that we accept responsibilities for humankind’s action and strive to continually right any wrongs.
We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
WE always strive to make the right informed decisions.
We affirm that the Pathway to a healthy Earth and healthy humankind is obtainable thru learning and teaching non-conformation to corporate decisions that are not based on the welfare of our Earth and humankind.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
~ Dr. SeussEndorse
Our Seed is about to become a BUD! We are buying land! - firstname.lastname@example.org
MY goal is to research natural lifestyles, not to exclude internet or technology, but to make a life where I can be guilt free of hurting the future for our children and also to ensure my families safety from our now toxic world of chemicals. I want to show everyone that by utilizing research of logical methods for sustainable living, we are establishing a healthier relationship for living with the earth & our communities.