Avo Quadro endorsed 2022-02-18 14:06:25 -0600 on February 18, 2022 at 02:06 PM (CST)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
You know that for a moneyless world tomorrow we have to chip in today to make it happen. Your small contribution helps maintain the site as well as fund co-op projects and expansion all over the world. Your $5.00 Contributorship dues are vital to sustaining The Transition and expanding its activities in The Transition Inter- Community Network. With a click of the button your Contributorship instantly goes to:
- Technology: Servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development & other operating expenses.
- Subsidize free events:special programming ranging from movie screenings to potlucks.
- People and Projects: The top websites on the internet have thousands of employees. We have a small team to support a wide variety of projects, making your Contributorship and additional donations a great investment in a highly-efficient organization.
We can only accomplish our goals because of Contributors like YOU!
Hi, I have been thinking, imagining and pondering all these things for years. I have studied many projects including Ubuntu OST, Copiosis, Holochain, Auravana, All of the projects on Auravana’s similar organizations page, Zeitgeist, Venus, and sovereign nationals and citizens to name a few.
I am writing down my thoughts on my phone notepad as I continue to read, watch, and learn more. I intend to compile the information and comprehention I have experienced into a book, but I’m not rushing it.
Let’s just say I’m extremely thrilled to have come across the transition has it is resonating so deeply with me. I know that I will want to be a TIN. The question I’m trying to figure out is what exactly would that look like for me and where on my action plan timeline that would best fit for me and my seedling. I’ve been doing most of this on my own before I even knew about this project.
I have many ideas I’m working on organizing and figuring out how to properly present them. They all have so much potential. But in the meantime, I want to help boots on the ground style while still making sure my seedling is provided for.
If none of the below items apply to you just fill out the information in the fields below.
- Have questions about our website, organization or other things related to The Transition? Check out our FAQ section of our website.
- Want to give us a Progress Report on one of the Events you've put on? Give us the details in our Report Portal.
- Would you like to ask us for funding for your project? Please fill out this form with your request!
- Would you like your Intentional Community listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Would you like your Co-op listed in our directory? Go here to find out how!
- Do you have a complaint about one of The Transition's communities, businesses, or co-ops? Please provide thorough information in the box below.
- Are you a Contributor of The Transition and would like your business to be listed in the Contributor Businesses section of our store? Please fill out this form with all of your info.
- Would you like to submit information for ImagiNATION CO-OPeration? Gives us all the juicy details down below!
- Would you like to submit a music video for our Jukebox? Please be sure to provide the link to the video as well as a link to the lyrics for the song when submitting in the box below.
- Would you like to host a movie screening in your local area? Please submit it on our Events page.
- Do you love to research advancements and new technology? Send us the links of your discoveries so we can share them with others.
- Got an internet meme you can't resist sharing? Send us the link and we might add it to our favorite internet memes portal!
- Want to learn more about The Transition before you get involved? Browse our Transition FAQ for more info!
- Do you have a business that would appeal to our members, that has 500 employees or more? Go here to find out how you can be a featured business.
For the following categories:
- Did you find some typos, broken links or videos that don't work?
- Do you have a project idea you think we should work on?
- Did you find an awesome tool that you want to share that would help make collaboration even easier?
- Do you think our Standards are missing something?
Please submit to our Suggestion Box.Submit
Avo Quadro published Avo Quadro's Expectation in Site Expectations 2022-02-17 11:44:05 -0600 on February 17, 2022 at 11:44 AM (CST)
I'm comfortable and confident in my self and my abilities to provide for myself living at my parents. However I would like to branch off and move out with my best friend who is struggling at the moment. We are like our own 2 man seedling. We have BIG plans to contribute massively to this project in the future. However at the moment we are bogged down in figuring out a housing plan that has been changing day by day. I am comfortable here at my parents and they have an extra room. I'm awaiting a response from them if they will let him stay for 2 months to give us time to save up some money and move out. Worst case scenario we drive south to some place warm to be homeless for a bit while we figure out a source of income and a short term housing situation. 1. If we could find temporary housing here that would be ideal if not we'll eventually seek out housing when we travel south. So housing, food, and potential as money to travel to a job is the most we'll ever ask for. 2. Depends on what I'm focused on. But on average I'm guessing weekly because I don't like to spend much time on my phone. I prefer to garden and do face to face project/tasks/chores with for the seedling and bud at first until I shift focus to where I'm needed most. 3. I expect to do the bulk of the work and be the main leader/organizer for my bud. I'm very considerate, easy to work with and will prioritize our success like our lives depend on it. I'm not afraid to go a whole week straight without food or water. I only things I worry about for myself is warmth, connection and friends who have my back. 4. I'm serious in everything I do, however I'm not counting on this to work. I'm always searching for backup plans so to minimize my/our dependency. I don't want to get my seedlings hopes up and not deliver. I do all I can and when I feel myself getting to stressed I take a break, meditate, do breathwork and seek out help. I give and receive intelligently. 5. I have ideas. We can talk and figure this stuff out together ❤️ 6. Personal only. Professional stuff is done within my seedling 7. Yes. I'm here to give and receive. Omni-win all the way! 8. Yes. If this helps my seedling, we will naturally promote it. 9. Helpful yes. The ripple effects may be life altering. I don't know what to expect from you guys. Idk who is close by. Idk if anyone around is able or available to help. Idk how big this network is. We are all creating as we go. 10. Few days to a week 11. Yes