Ant Smits endorsed 2018-07-31 02:22:09 -0500 on July 31, 2018 at 02:22 AM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Ant Smits published I imagine I will both learn and contribute here in Site Expectations 2018-03-09 14:20:24 -0600 on March 09, 2018 at 02:20 PM (CST)
I expect I will be rewarded for spending time here. I am registered to see what the Transition is about, to learn about its mission and to see if there is a niche for me.
My responses to the questions ...
1. I expect to find a lot of information here about how to establish a community. I can already see the site is very comprehensive!
2. I'll be 'checking in' regularly, so I can work through the Action Plan.
3. I expect to get my project underway using my own resources; I also expect the info you've gathered here will be very helpful.
4. I imagine I'll be connected a while, and have become a 'supporter'.
5. I have no expectation that The Transition will fund any of my projects.
6. I expect I will get information here that will help in all parts of life - everything is interconnected!
7. I will contribute to others if I am able.
8. If there are ideas or concepts I want to promote, I will do so.
9. As everything affects everything, I'm sure participation here will change my life in some way.
10. I have no expectation that suggestions will be necessarily answered, though I'm sure they will be noted :)
11. I believe my expectations are reasonable.
Ant Smits commented on Set Your Intention- Step 1 2018-03-09 14:01:18 -0600 on March 09, 2018 at 02:01 PM (CST)I’m here because it seems like this might be a good place to contribute.