- How Do I Connect with People, Communities or Organizations Right Away?
- What is the "ImagiNation CO-OPeration" section of the Site?
- What Do Those Numbers and "BB" Mean Under My Name When I Am Logged In?
- What Is the Difference Between the Our Trust and Endorsements Pages?
- How Does The Cooking Pot help The Transition's Contributors?
- How Does Having an "In-House" Peer-Funding Platform (a.k.a Crowd -Funding Platform) Assist The Transition in Reaching Its Mission?
- What Is Your Action Plan?
A question that was sent in from a supporter via the Contact Us page-"Just found your website...and am VERY interested because I am doing a lot of the same research that is already linked to on your site. However, I tried to figure out what to do next and had a really hard time. Where is the community I can join? Where is the connection? Would love to talk with you guys about the work you are doing, because I am at the beginning stages of planning a big eco-village (and have the funds to support it too).”
In regards to what to do next those steps are:
This section of the site is named ImagiNation CO-Operation for many reasons. A song that is very dear to many of our hearts is John Lennon's song Imagine and it is that vision we wish to bring into a reality. We believe we can do that by creating a virtual "Nation" on this website of Co-ops and Intentional Communities all over the world and bringing them together through cooperation to better society and the health of the planet. ImagiNation CO-Operation is the portion of the site that is only available to our Contributors.
The BB stands for "Buzz Bucks" these are points you are awarded for doing various things on the site like using your referral link and introducing a friend to the site. We called them Buzz Bucks because you are creating a buzz about The Transition and also because it ties in with the natural theme of Our Plan. By telling people about the Mission of The Transition you are essentially pollinating the idea of The Transition in other places online and off. You can also earn them when you report back to us what you have been doing online and off to help our organization grow and thrive via the Report Portal. The more active and involved you are with The Transition the more Buzz Bucks you are awarded. We have not yet launched the Buzz Bucks Exchange where you can exchange your Buzz Bucks for rewards and prizes. When we are getting close to ready we will let you know so we can hear what types of things you are interested in getting. If you would like to tell us something now you would like to see in the Buzz Bucks Exchange let us know at our Suggestion Box page.
The Endorsements page is what is also sometimes called a testimonial page. The expectation of this page is for people or organizations to endorse The Transition in the following ways:
- Share how they feel personally about The Transition.
- Share how The Transition has personally impacted their life.
- Explain why they recommend other people should get involved with The Transition.
The Trust page is an actual pledge The Transition Team is making to all of our supporters and Contributors and by adding your "virtual signature" you are acknowledging what we are pledging to you and in a sense holding us accountable to this pledge by also agreeing to the beneficiaries statement as we consider YOU and others like you a beneficiary of our work. See below the statement quoted from that page:
"Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate."
The Transition exists to collaboratively design, develop, and implement a network of Intentional communities and Co-op businesses all over the world. This becomes by default a Community (virtually as well as locally) where people are fulfilled in their development towards their highest potential of human experience for themselves and all others. In order to reach that potential we created The Cooking Pot.
The Transition Team felt having our own "in house" crowd-funding platform was key for the work we are doing and our Contributors . Having our own crowd-funding platform allows us to serve our Contributors in the following ways:
- If they need tangible items we can tap into our network first for those items before raising funding.
- If they need actual labor assistance we can tap into our network first for those skill sets before raising funding.
- If either of these two things are needed above (tangible item or labor) instead of money we save the Contributor or BUD a lot of time to actually put into their project!
- Contributors will not have to pay any additional fees or percent of their funds (only their $5 monthly Contributorship).
- They only have to raise half of the amount they need and we will match them with the funds we receive via Contributors $5 a month Contributorship funds as well as any additional donation funding we receive.
How Does Having an "In-House" Peer-Funding Platform (a.k.a Crowd -Funding Platform) Assist The Transition in Reaching Its Mission?
Having our own "in house" peer-funding platform helps The Transition in the following ways:
- We can act more fiscally conservative with the funding we receive from our Contributors and donations we receive by using our network to meet the needs of the submitting person or group if their only true need is a tangible object or skill set and not actual money.
- We can provide a savings to our Contributors that typically they would have to pay elsewhere (via fees and percentage of funds) on some other site leaving them the ability to invest more in their project.
- Should a project not get fully funded meeting their half-way point goal The Transition can still have the money to invest in other projects that DO hit their target goal. Thus, we would still be investing in worthwhile projects that help advance the Mission of The Transition for all of us.
- This process helps eliminate giving funding to charlatans who might only join for a month trying to get hundreds or thousands of dollars in funding for merely having a Contributorship for one month.
- By having the individual or BUD promote their fundraiser and use our site as their platform The Transition is able to get new Contributors at no cost reducing if not eliminating the need for us to invest in advertising and instead putting it back into our organization and advancing the work we do!
Unity, Strategy, and Nonviolent Power for an Unstoppable Movement
This portion of the website maps out the path you need to take depending on the direction you chose. Like a guidebook, this section describes the milestones and choices necessary to take on each path. You will learn where the traps and snags are, as well as where the well-trodden and proven paths can be found. You will find firsthand stories told by others who have taken the journey before you and be able to learn from their missteps. As well as discover the methods they have found that work for them. Your Action Plan includes a set of tools activists (and those who wish to get active) can use to:
- Build Community
- Train in Nonviolence Principles
- Create and pursue strategic thinking toward the realization of campaign goals.
- the Roadmap MANDALA (see Our Plan)
- web-based ways to connect with one another and benefit from many resources, such as the COMPASS, and Study Guides, and finally
- ways to build a strategy for long-term change integrated into the model itself.
See Related Page:
Sources: Metta Center: What is a Road-map
Contributors: Metta Center
Recommended Reading: Metta Center: What is a Road-map
If not then leave us a suggestion on how it can be improved