Frank Kirkpatrick endorsed 2016-12-06 03:18:46 -0600 on December 06, 2016 at 03:18 AM (CST)I support The Transition as it is the most structurally sound road map I have been presented with and the resources are seemingly endless. Special thanks to the team for putting this resource together for us.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
~ Dr. SeussEndorse
Frank Kirkpatrick commented on You the People Have the Power 2016-12-06 02:52:12 -0600 on December 06, 2016 at 02:52 AM (CST)Incredible powerful video. I am encouraging the Transition Team to perhaps replace this video with a modified version that encapsulates modern scenes and situations relevant to our times such as this. https://youtu.be/fJekzvSsB90
Frank Kirkpatrick published Featured request for Nation Builder list in Suggestion Box 2016-11-21 21:39:34 -0600 on November 21, 2016 at 09:39 PM (CST)
Perhaps it would be advantageous to remove; Assign Political Capital Based on Memebership Levels. Create Ability to Edit Copy on Log In Page. As these issues have been resolved. Thank you again for your tireless work to improve the site.Official response from Nicole Bienfang planned
Neither of these issues is in fact resolved. Nationbuilder has now moved Assign Political Capital Based on Membership Levels to 'Considering'. And Edit Copy on Log In Page has now been escalated to No Error Message When Navigating to a Page You Do Not Have Permissions to Access
Frank Kirkpatrick commented on One Day- Matisyahu 2016-11-21 20:04:01 -0600 on November 21, 2016 at 08:04 PM (CST)After being introduced to this song through The Transition website it quickly became my favorite song.
Frank Kirkpatrick published Pickling typo - in Suggestion Box 2016-11-21 16:40:41 -0600 on November 21, 2016 at 04:40 PM (CST)
Fermented pickles includesauerkraut (space between include sauerkraut.) Thank you for your hard work Transition Team.
Frank Kirkpatrick published Typo in Suggestion Box 2016-11-21 00:48:23 -0600 on November 21, 2016 at 12:48 AM (CST)
men are learning to relax and trsut each other and acknowledge love for each other in ways that are sensitive and appreciative. ( Typo in Friend section. Trust not trsut} Incredible work you all are doing, Thank you
Frank Kirkpatrick endorsed 2016-10-16 21:23:11 -0500 on October 16, 2016 at 09:23 PM (CDT)
After reading this, please endorse below as The Transition sees YOU as one of our many beneficiaries.
Intent: We unite and empower people to take positive action towards enhancing and protecting all life and our environment for future generations.
Purpose: Our purpose is to construct real solutions by providing the support, space, and resources for the common heritage of the Earth's resources and to do so via our collective knowledge. We are committed to building community projects that promote organic farming, alternative transportation, clean drinking water, renewable energy, green building, and using music and the arts to convey the message.
With a special focus on street-involved youth and families living in poverty, we encourage community involvement through collaborative volunteerism, education, programs and media events. We help others enhance their food and housing security, learn life skills, and build confidence to make the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle - leading to a Global Egalitarian System for the good of all.
We strive to create an inclusive community where all members have the skills, confidence, and support to live a healthy life. It is our pledge to each other and to the world we are creating, to help each other live life to the fullest.
Our method of collaboration within our Transition Inter-Community Network is based on scientific benchmarks to meet everyone's’ needs - instead of what’s most profitable - therefore exchange between members requires no monetary attachment.
- Documentaries & Films
- Funding for expansion
- Intentional Communities
- Community of like-minded members
- How-tos and demonstrations
- Events and media programs
- Contributor Business Promotion
- BUD Weekly meetings.
- Formal Consensus as described in On Conflict & Consensus, & Consensus for Cities.
- Self assignment of tasks during scheduled meetings.
- Scientific Method (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- If a problem is brought to light, a possible solution is then brought to the table, or an adjustment to a pre-existing process or structure is suggested.
- We use the wisdom of the crowd via polls, 1 on 1 anecdotal interviews pooled together and reviewed for trends, as well as various types of crowdsourcing.
Responsibilities of Trustees:
- Be a beacon of example
- To serve the Contributors
- Adhere to Team Commitments
- Maintain website
- Be a source of support for fellow members
- Provide outreach to other intentional communities, co-ops, organizations, and other similar movements.
- Align values and behaviors with The Transition Benchmarks
- Do continual personal education
- Develop systems and procedures
- Maintain Communal mindset towards Egalitarian lifestyle
- Understand that all work created for and done on behalf of The Transition remain with The Transition, even if one leaves the BUD and is no longer able to fulfill the role or obligations of a Trustee.
Grantors: Mike Upstone & Nicole Bienfang
Beneficiaries: I hereby agree to the following statement:
I will participate in the positive, inclusive decision-making structure of The Transition and abide by the decisions made in my Contributorship to The Transition. I bring my integrity and commitment to the ideals of trust, respect, self-empowerment, cooperation, equal access to power, and non-violence. I am committed to the vision of diverse membership of The Transition and the site is considered a “Safe Zone". I hereby agree to treat everyone equal of value with differing gifts and Contribute for the good of all. I will attempt to minimize barriers to Contributors of any groups wishing to participate.
(Please endorse below if you agree to abide by this Trust and all statements made herein. Use of this site is considered an implied agreement to this Trust even if your name is absent from the “signatures” below.)
Frank Kirkpatrick rsvped for International Day of Peace via Chloe Everhart 2016-08-25 11:11:15 -0500 on August 25, 2016 at 11:11 AM (CDT)
The International Day of Peace, sometimes unofficially known as World Peace Day, is observed annually on 21 September. It is dedicated to world peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence, such as might be occasioned by a temporary ceasefire in a combat zone for humanitarian aid access. The day was first celebrated in 1982, and is kept by many nations, political groups, military groups, and peoples.
Explanation thanks to WikipediaWHENSeptember 21, 2017 at 12pm - September 22, 2017 at 12pmWHEREEverywhere
Frank Kirkpatrick donated via Nicole Bienfang 2017-09-18 05:20:14 -0500 on September 18, 2017 at 05:20 AM (CDT)
You know that for a moneyless world tomorrow we have to chip in today to make it happen. Your small contribution helps maintain the site as well as fund co-op projects and expansion all over the world. Your $5.00 Contributorship dues are vital to sustaining The Transition and expanding its activities in The Transition Inter- Community Network. With a click of the button your Contributorship instantly goes to:
- Technology: Servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development & other operating expenses.
- Subsidize free events:special programming ranging from movie screenings to potlucks.
- People and Projects: The top websites on the internet have thousands of employees. We have a small team to support a wide variety of projects, making your Contributorship and additional donations a great investment in a highly-efficient organization.
We can only accomplish our goals because of Contributors like YOU!
To help create a better world for everyone